We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

notifications question - OF Counter | Forum

tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 28 '15
on my phone if im on mobile facebook on browser
and shut the phones screen off i get notifications pushed to the phone with sound to say id something new
on open phone screen i get the notification on home screen and click it and it opens that thing

does this plugin do that ??

Sean
Sean Sep 28 '15
Hello,

No this plugin does not currently have push notifications enabled, this will however be added in the next update.

Thanks,

tammy harris
tammy harris Sep 29 '15
i think there called cards
if you can make it do that then u got me as customer lol
Anitaku
Anitaku Nov 20 '15
any progress with this? 
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 21 '15
no but he did say will be in the next update when ever that is
Sean
Sean Nov 21 '15
Will be implemented in about 2 weeks.
tammy harris
tammy harris Nov 21 '15
sweet
Tecca
Tecca Nov 22 '15
I will definitely take the hit on bank transfer fees if you release this type of feature. Sounds amazing and a great alternative to creating a mobile app that would take months to implement.
JoshWho
JoshWho Nov 23 '15
This is exactly what I was looking for. Can't wait till it comes out. :)
ketkew
ketkew Nov 23 '15
For this next feature I have bought your plugin, would be a great option! :)
JoshWho
JoshWho Nov 23 '15
I have the Notification Plugin already would this new feature be added to it or will it be a separate thing?
Sean
Sean Nov 24 '15
I will be included in an update.
JoshWho
JoshWho Nov 24 '15
sweet
Real
Real Nov 24 '15
Very lovely. This will be the most sold plugin in oxwall store. Every oxwall powered site needs it. Very good to have it on both desktop web and mobile feature site.

Nice job

JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 9 '15
Just curious on the status to the progress of this development. Really excited about seeing this.
Sean
Sean Dec 9 '15
Not good.

It's very convoluted to implement.

Only Chrome and Firefox on Android currently support it. Apple devices are not supported without paying for third party products which will cost me monthly.

JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 9 '15
im fine without apple. Im very interested getting it for Android.
The Forum post is edited by JoshWho Dec 9 '15
ketkew
ketkew Dec 9 '15
Me too :)
Tecca
Tecca Dec 9 '15
I'd still want it to be done even with just Android. Seems like it's better than nothing! Plenty of people use it anyway. As long as it gracefully falls back and does nothing on iOS devices, etc.
JoshWho
JoshWho Dec 9 '15
im sure ios would just implement what chrome and firefox for android does eventually. Id say go for it. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic