We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Installation problem | Forum

Predrag Stojadinovic
Nope, Windows 2008...
Pod
Pod May 26 '12
You can done,!?
Unzip or put oxwall in to plublic \oxwall_folder
run in ie. explorer be localhost/oxwall_folder/install then enter
Done . Next you will see step show on page I.e.
Hope this can help
Michael I.
Michael I. May 28 '12
Predrag, check if there is a .htaccess file in the Oxwall folder and make sure it works properly.
Predrag Stojadinovic
Yes,  .htaccess :

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} .*/http-bind

RewriteRule (.*) /http-bind [L]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !forum.prefko.com$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

The Forum post is edited by Predrag Stojadinovic May 29 '12
Predrag Stojadinovic
Quote from Pod You can done,!?
Unzip or put oxwall in to plublic \oxwall_folder
run in ie. explorer be localhost/oxwall_folder/install then enter
Done . Next you will see step show on page I.e.
Hope this can help
This opened the install form, i entered the website info, then I entered the database info and then on the third page it gives me 
HTTP 500 error :(

I have tested the db connection data with a php file and it is correct, it works. :(

The Forum post is edited by Predrag Stojadinovic May 29 '12
Michael I.
Michael I. May 29 '12
Doesn't error_log still showing errors?
Predrag Stojadinovic

error.log shows nothing, access.log shows:

127.0.0.1 - - [30/May/2012:12:50:13 +0200] "POST /forum.prefko.com/install/data-base HTTP/1.1" 500 20
Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 4 '12
Well, seems that you should go with a shared hosting server to move on with exploring Oxwall. I don't see any way to help you with your local installation, sorry.
Predrag Stojadinovic
Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds? I have my own dedicated server and would have to get an extra shared hosting somewhere just to use Oxwall?

Can you install Oxwall on your own machine for testing? If so, the same procedure must work on my dedicated server as well.

Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 7 '12
I guess I misunderstood you then. I was sure that you are having problems with a local install and there is no way of accessing it. PM me your server FTP, phpMyAdmin and Admin Panel access details and we will check into your issues with our developers.
Predrag Stojadinovic
Well, actually you almost misunderstood. I only control my server via RDP and then use it as a local machine.

What I'm confused about is why is there so many, what I would consider, special requirements for oxwall? I hate to compare, but WP, phpBB, myBB and a few others took me less than 5 minutes to install and I would expect the same from oxwall...

Michael I.
Michael I. Jun 12 '12
It all depends on your server I guess. I personally used Denwer (developed by some Russians) and didn't have a single problem with installing my website on a local server. Usually, when you can install WordPress or Joomla on a server, it's 9 out of 10 chance of successful installation of Oxwall. In future we will make it installing on such servers 10 times out of 10. 
Pages: « 1 2