We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

header problem - Simplicity | Forum

bobbi
bobbi Nov 15 '15
apart from being a nightmare to actually resize a header for this theme, the issue is when you add your own header then customise the main page it duplicates the header so you see it twice on the customise page, this is on the demo site 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 15 '15
It looks like I have mine fixed. I changed the header code in both the general.html, and the dndindex.html. The original code was missing the "else" statement, and some other things that were causing the issue, You will need to set a height for the header image. See the attachment for details.

The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Nov 15 '15
Attachments:
  simplicity header fix.txt (1Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 15 '15
P.S. I might be able to help you with sizing the header.
bobbi
bobbi Nov 16 '15
i have given up with this theme, it is awful, i have tried every thing i know to resize a header and i cannot make it fit, this theme is too much hassle i really cannot be bothered with a theme i cannot customise to suit my site, now origin theme -  headers easy, background easy, i will stick with origin for now, 

if i do decide to give this awful theme another try where does general.html, and the dndindex.html go if i have to add it to the files in the server - no chance i dont touch anything server side unless i have to

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 16 '15
They are in the master pages folder under the simplicity theme in cpanel. Oxwall/ow_themes/simplicity/master pages.
You do not have permission to reply this topic