We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Internal Server Error [Solved] | Forum

Nathaniel Moikabi
Nathaniel Moikabi Jun 13 '13
The error is now gone and I have received the following on an email from my host:

"I was able to determine that the issue lies within your .htaccess file with your rewrite rules. I have disabled items that appear to be creating the issue so that you can review them. The lines within your .htaccess file that have a # at the beginning are the offending lines. We are very limited in the amount of support we can provide for scripting. If during your process of creating your site you believe that there is an issue with your hosting account itself, we would be happy to look into that further providing details of the issue or error.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way."

The current .htaccess file is as follows:

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

# RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Please help me fix the two lines that have a # at the beginning.

The Forum post is edited by Nathaniel Moikabi Jun 13 '13
Nathaniel Moikabi
Nathaniel Moikabi Jun 13 '13
I have just noticed that I cannot access the site admin.
ross Team
ross Jun 13 '13
Please enable debug and dev modes to find out the issue. 
Nathaniel Moikabi
Nathaniel Moikabi Oct 26 '13
I  still haven't been able to install Oxwall.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at beta.chatterclub.info Port 80
Nathaniel Moikabi
Nathaniel Moikabi Oct 27 '13
I got this from the error log.

- - [25/Oct/2013:10:13:20 -0700] "GET beta.chatterclub.info/beta/index.php HTTP/1.1" 301 476 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36" 0 "x-httpd-php" "/var/chroot/home/content/81/11531981/html/beta/index.php" 513666168.167.158.61 - - [25/Oct/2013:10:13:21 -0700] "GET beta.chatterclub.info/beta/install/requirements HTTP/1.1" 500 755 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36" 0 "redirect-handler" "redirect:/beta/index.php" 35533168.167.158.61 - - [25/Oct/2013:10:13:22 -0700] "GET beta.chatterclub.info/beta/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 500 580 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36" 0 "-" "redirect:/beta/index.php" 27572168.167.158.61 - - [25/Oct/2013:10:13:27 -0700] "GET beta.chatterclub.info/beta/install HTTP/1.1" 500 755 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.101 Safari/537.36" 0 "redirect-handler" "redirect:/beta/index.php" 49178

ross Team
ross Oct 28 '13
there's something wrong with the server settings, according to this error: 

he server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

please contact your hosting provider to resolve it. 

Nathaniel Moikabi
Nathaniel Moikabi Oct 29 '13
I have contacted them and sent them the requirements.
Josh
Josh Nov 3 '13
RE: #29- Hasiniaina Ragaby

This response worked PERFECTLY.  I tried everything else, and I just couldn't get an install prompt.  After adding that one line [RewriteBase /] ...it's all systems go now.  THANKS! 

The Forum post is edited by Josh Nov 3 '13
ross Team
ross Nov 4 '13
Nathaniel, has the issue been resolved?
Nathaniel Moikabi
Nathaniel Moikabi Nov 17 '13
Yes, the issue has been resolved, I changed from beta.chatterclub.net to chatterclub.net then I got errors that showed that the site could be accessible. then  I added RewriteBase / under RewriteEngine On on the .htaccess file. then the installation worked. 

After installation plugins could not update, so I uploaded them manually. I'm hosting with Godaddy on a shared server so I was not able to set a cron job to run every minute so I set it 5 minutes. I'm still looking for a  free or cheap and reliable cron service provider to use. After Chatterclub Evo grows I will get a dedicated server.

The pictures and other plugins were not showing at some point so I changed the code on the .htaccess under ow_userfiles to Options -Indexes, then everything was fine. The installation which is at http://chatterclub.net and is still under beta. 

Thank you for your suuport.

ross Team
ross Nov 17 '13
Ok, great!
Munawar
Munawar Aug 6 '15
turn off mod security 
ross Team
ross Aug 16 '15
Brian +1 

Which is why Godaddy is not among our recommended hosting providers:)

Igor
Igor Jul 14 '17
I did all mentioned here and my error is still there
Igor
Igor Aug 20 '18

solution is easy - go to MyPhpAdmin, click on the right DB. on the right you will see fields. Click CTRL+F and search for Newsfeed Action. Sort it to see the last entry. One of the fields will be full of wrong text, most likely link with text. Replace is with group-user or something similar which already exist.

go back to frontpage and it should work. delete double posts. you're done till the next error. it will repeat regularly.

ali
ali Apr 11 '23
В Арт Академи в София, децата могат да се научат на различни техники за рисуване, керамика, крафт с полимерна глина и много други изкуствени дейности. През последните години, училището се е утвърдило като един от най-добрите центрове за изкуство за деца в София. Една от големите предимства на Арт Академи е, че децата не само могат да се забавляват, но и да учат много полезни умения като търпение, точност и творческо мислене. Децата могат да се развиват в своите умения и да изразят своята индивидуалност. В Арт Академи има и опитни учители, които ще насочат децата и ще им помогнат да развият своя талант. Всички материали и оборудване, необходими за изкуството, са на разположение в училището. Арт Академи
Pages: « 1 2 3