We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Please tell me how to change the icons at the top. - Simplicity | Forum

Jason
Jason Jan 31 '16
I installed credits plugin and it makes a drop down in the menu. Problem is it's reusing the "user" icon. I don't want TWO user icons atop my site. It looks like a horrible mistake. How can I change this? Please Please help.
I tried for 2 hours and could not figure it out.
Thank you :)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 1 '16
This is an svg image. It may be in the images folder of the user credits plugin. You could use this method that I posted in the Simplicity theme forum to change it out. Instead of selecting the icons I mentioned just pick another that you would like to use from the icon set.

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/42014

I don't have the user credit plugin, so I don't know what the file name is. I'm guessing you would want to use some type of monetary svg file.  The steps may appear to be complicated, but I have just made it very detailed. The process is actually simple. I could do it. I have the user image downloaded already where I made a color change.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 1 '16
Here's a screenshot of a sample I did.
Attachments:
  user credit.jpg (39Kb)
Jason
Jason Feb 1 '16
Hi Darryl,
Thank you...

the image is here

background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) url("images/ic_User_console.svg") no-repeat
it's using the same one that the user menu drop down is using. I don't know why it's repeating icons.

Here is the HTML

<div id="console_item_56aee0f3a7535" class="ow_console_item ow_console_dropdown ow_console_dropdown_hover">

<a class="ow_console_item_link" href="javascript://">My Credits : 475 </a>

<span class="ow_console_more"></span>

The Forum post is edited by Jason Feb 1 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 2 '16
Thinking about it a little more. The plugin may not have the image. Instead there may be a line of code in the plugin, probably in the install.php, that is calling for the image. They probably did this to have an icon that would match the other icons for size, and color. If that is the case, it's a little extra pain. You could create your svg set to match the existing theme console item colors, and upload it to your server, unzip it, and place it in the themes images folder, then change the code to point to that image. You would have to re-add the image with each theme update since the updates do a complete overwrite, and anytime you make a change in cpanel, you need to enable dev mode in the config.php by setting it to true, go to your website, and refresh any page, then set dev mode back to false.
The plugin is adding the icon. Since I don't have it I couldn't tell you how it is adding it. You could contact the plugin developer to get info on replacing that icon with another.
Jason
Jason Feb 3 '16
So you wouldn't know how to do the following?
Quote from Darryl BYou could create your svg set to match the existing theme console item colors, and upload it to your server, unzip it, and place it in the themes images folder, then change the code to point to that image.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Feb 6 '16
Not for sure. Maybe someone that has the plugin could tell how it's referencing the user icon. If that was known then the line could be changed to reference another "New" icon.
You do not have permission to reply this topic