We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FB Connect - Login issues | Forum

Joginder
Joginder Mar 1 '16

I have been searching the Forum to figure out any solution however failed to do so. Please take a look at the error below I receive whilst trying to login to my site "www.datadoves.com" using the FBConnect and advise.  I have tried reinstalling the plugin, recreated the app id etc.. but this did not address the behavior.

Error 500

Internal Server Error.

If you are the site admin, click here for details (+)

Something went wrong!
To get the error details follow these steps:
- Open ow_includes/config.php file and set DEBUG_MODE to true
- Reproduce your last action.

ross Team
ross Mar 1 '16
You need to enable debud mode and repeat your last steps before that internal server error. Provide the actual error you will get here, please. 
Joginder
Joginder Mar 2 '16
Hello Ross,

Please see the message after setting Debug mode to true:

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)File:/home1/datadove/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.phpLine:1254Trace:#0 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(821): BaseFacebook->throwAPIException(Array) #1 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(652): BaseFacebook->_restserver(Array) #2 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(183): BaseFacebook->api(Array) #3 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(210): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->fbGetFieldValueList('955604847810709', Array) #4 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/controllers/connect.php(82): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->requestQuestionValueList('955604847810709') #5 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(263): FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect->login(Array) #6 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_core/application.php(327): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch(Array, Array) #7 /home1/datadove/public_html/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #8 {main}Type:FacebookApiException

Joginder
Joginder Mar 2 '16
The debug mode is still on, just in case you may want to replicate the issue on www.datadoves.com
Quote from Joginder Hello Ross,

Please see the message after setting Debug mode to true:

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12)File:/home1/datadove/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.phpLine:1254Trace:#0 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(821): BaseFacebook->throwAPIException(Array) #1 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_libraries/facebook/base_facebook.php(652): BaseFacebook->_restserver(Array) #2 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(183): BaseFacebook->api(Array) #3 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/bol/service.php(210): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->fbGetFieldValueList('955604847810709', Array) #4 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_plugins/fbconnect/controllers/connect.php(82): FBCONNECT_BOL_Service->requestQuestionValueList('955604847810709') #5 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_core/request_handler.php(263): FBCONNECT_CTRL_Connect->login(Array) #6 /home1/datadove/public_html/ow_core/application.php(327): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch(Array, Array) #7 /home1/datadove/public_html/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #8 {main}Type:FacebookApiException

The Forum post is edited by Joginder Mar 2 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 2 '16
Ok, I see the error. 

Joginder, please try to create new application and see if the issue persists. 

By the way what is your software version and FB connect pluign version?

Joginder
Joginder Mar 3 '16
Platform version is 1.8.1, 

I tried updating the FB Connect plugin, website prompted me for FTP credentials and when i clicked on login after supplying the credentials, The site went offline and I could only see Server error 500...

I had to restore the files using my Hosting provider's Control Panel from Yesterday. Few users' profile went missing who signed up recently. However, FB Connect seem to be updated with latest version as I no longer see the option to update it.

But now the serious problem is whenever I choose to update anything be it Theme, Plugin or platform, the site goes offline returning server error 500. And also the Original FB connect issue still persist.

any assistance is greatly appreciated.

The Forum post is edited by Joginder Mar 3 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 3 '16
Joginder, please try to create new FB application and see if the issue persists. 

When you see 500 error, please enable debug mode and provide us with the actual error, so we could assist you. Keep us updated. 

Joginder
Joginder Mar 4 '16
Please advise if i need to go through Setup the Facebook SDK for JavaScript steps whilst creating the APP. I have been clicking on "skip Quick Start" and getting the APP ID. If yes, then please guide me as to where i need to insert that code. Also whether "Contact Info" details are also needed.
ross Team
ross Mar 6 '16
Joginder, see my instructions above please. Pleae follow them: 

1. create new fb app see if the issue persists. 

2. update fb connect plugin if you run into 500 error, enable debug mode and provide the actual error here so we  could assist you. 

Keep us updated. 

Joginder
Joginder Mar 7 '16
Hi Ross,

I have created a new app and encounter the below error message (highlighted) whilst saving. Also, I'm not sure if it's a typo in your previous response "Joginder, see my instructions above please", as I did not find any instructions on the questions I asked, related to creation of fb app id.

Application setup failed. Please check your App ID and Application Secret.

ross Team
ross Mar 8 '16
Joginder, I'm sorry but we cannot reproduce that, I will need your Cpanel access details, your admin panel for the website access details and your FB account access details to create a new app and check the issue. 

Please PM

Joginder
Joginder Mar 9 '16
How do I provide you the login credentials? Please provide a secure way (may be a phone no. or email) to share them.
Joginder
Joginder Mar 9 '16
I sent you the details in a private message, please check and advise.
ross Team
ross Mar 9 '16
Joginder, there's something wrong with your website. 

Look at your admin panel and admin panel of our demo website. They are totally different. 

Besides you have update notifications for the platform, almost all default plugins. 

Which is why you probably have the issue with the fb connect. 

Did you have a backup before you did the update to 1.8.1.

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 10 '16
Joginder
Joginder Mar 10 '16
Ross, i do not have a back-up, I looked at http://demo.oxwall.org/, and it does look different than mine. However, could this be due to the different theme? 

how do we address the issues with my site now? 

The Forum post is edited by Joginder Mar 10 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '16
Well, the only thing we can do now is try to successfully update  your site and see what happens. 

Should I proceed with the update? 

In the latest version, default admin theme is Simplicity and yours is still Origin

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 10 '16
Joginder
Joginder Mar 11 '16
Please proceed as you feel, kindly take the necessary back up from the Control Panel.
ross Team
ross Mar 13 '16
Joginder, you have 5.2 php version on your server, it does not meet our requirements, please contact your hosting provider to upgrade to 5.3 or 5.4
Joginder
Joginder Mar 14 '16
Ross, I will reach out to Bluehost and update you. In the meantime, please restore the site or turnon the maintenance page as I only see server error whilst accessing it.
Joginder
Joginder Mar 14 '16
Ross, I see the PHP version as 5.4.24 when logged in to Control panel (the bottom last window/frame on the left hand side called "Versions")? Please advise.

PHP5.4.24

Pages: 1 2 3 »