We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

big database only 600 users.... | Forum

ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
you can check the items timestamp, they should be 3 months old in order to be deleted. 
Jordi
Jordi Mar 7 '16
which table?
Jordi
Jordi Mar 7 '16
ow_newsfeed_activity this table has items older then 1 year
ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
it checks ow_newsfeed_action_set for timestamp

and deletes the items with the corresponding id from ow_newsfeed_action 

Jordi
Jordi Mar 7 '16
hmmmm strange they all have the same timestamp 1457331960 
ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
Ok, jordi, there's something strange in your datababase. 

The timestamp and userid of different activity do not change through dozens of pages of records, please do not change your access details for cpanel, we'd like to take a look at the issue. 

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 7 '16
Jordi
Jordi Mar 7 '16
ok great that we see something strange now. 
Jordi
Jordi Mar 7 '16
Can you tell me when you gonna have a look. because on your advice the websiteis migrating to a more powerfull vps today or tomorrow
ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
within a couple of days, as they devs are busy with the update now. 
Jordi
Jordi Mar 7 '16
ok.... then i will give you new login details when the site is moved. And it also a setup with mariadb
ross Team
ross Mar 7 '16
ok
Jordi
Jordi Mar 9 '16
ross any news?
ross Team
ross Mar 9 '16
See the pm I sent you please
Simone
Simone Mar 10 '16
Hi ross,

index newsfeed works good, it's only dashboard newsfeed.

For now I have removed dashboard newsfeed module.

Thank you

Jordi
Jordi Mar 10 '16
hmmm i am using the dashboard newsfeed on my index page
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '16
Ok, Jordi, turns out I gave you wrong info, 

cron checks table ow_newsfeed_activity and it looks for items with the activityType - create and checks the corresponding activityID in the ow_newsfeed_action table, if for 3 month none of the activity with the activity type create had any comments or likes it is considered as expired and is deleted. 

As to the same timestamp in the action_set table, those are cache table and those timestamps for cache are generated at the same time. 

So we couldn't find any issue, besides your site dashboard and index pages being slow due to the query which need to be optimized and which is reported to the devs 

Jordi
Jordi Mar 10 '16
So its right that there are itmes form more then a year old in ow_newsfeed_activity   ( action id 1 ) i think there are no comments or likes in more then a year on that item ?ow_newsfeed_activity
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '16
ok, we found 69 records which should be deleted by cron (if cron is working) please give us some more time to check the issue and your cron
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '16
Ok, I don't know what the problem was, we have cleared the cron_jobs table to make sure cron is running

Now, those expired records started to get deleted. There are 20 left, within next 5 minutes all expired activity should be deleted

ross Team
ross Mar 10 '16
You can run this query to make sure how many left: 

SELECT DISTINCT cactivity.actionId FROM ow_newsfeed_activity cactivity
           LEFT JOIN ow_newsfeed_activity activity
                   ON cactivity.actionId=activity.actionId AND activity.activityType NOT IN ("create", "subscribe")
               WHERE activity.id IS NULL AND cactivity.activityType="create" AND cactivity.timeStamp < 1449569952

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »