We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.8.2 says I have it but wants to be installed anyways. (SOLVED) | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 23 '16
I'll give some screens but this weird bug is, There is a chance it's a 5.6 PHP issue however the site keeps saying 500 error. I manually pick 5.6 after install and then it still have issues like saying I have 1.8.2 installed but still wanted me to install 1.8.2 so if I try to update plugins it tells me to update the platform before updating the plugins.

Before anything is said about PHP 5.5 I asked about it via the blog when the demo was announced and no one got back to me over even after moderation approval on the comment. this can be found here: http://blog.oxwall.org/2016/03/oxwall-1-8-2-beta or the image below.

(No I did not install the beta, I installed the full version via-admin panel)

Issue I am running into -

This is what happens till I manually choose PHP 5.6 then the site will work but the whole admin section seems to have bugs. For now I have reverted back to the previous Oxwall via site backup. Hopefully this is not due to PHP 5.6 else looks like I'll be missing out on updates until Bluehost adds 5.5 or Oxwall gets to PHP 5.6.

Thanks again for everyone who takes a look at my post I appreciate your time feel free to ask any questions you might have.

The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Apr 25 '16
Musik
Musik Mar 23 '16
I experienced something similar with 1.8.1 and PHP 5.4. Unfortunately I don't have a fix (I'm still attempting to upgrade from 1.7.5 to 1.8.1) . But I'm likely looking into my future since I'm with Bluehost and they only offer PHP 5.6, not 5.5. Going to keep an eye on this thread and see where it goes. Best of luck!
Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 23 '16

Quote from Musik I experienced something similar with 1.8.1 and PHP 5.4. Unfortunately I don't have a fix (I'm still attempting to upgrade from 1.7.5 to 1.8.1) . But I'm likely looking into my future since I'm with Bluehost and they only offer PHP 5.6, not 5.5. Going to keep an eye on this thread and see where it goes. Best of luck!
I have looked into blue host on their forums and other places apparently their PHP support is minimal compared to other hosts. From what I see it appears that BlueHost should be removed from the hosting options on the oxwall site as after talking to support they don't have any interest in offering PHP 5.5 and will be sticking with PHP 5.4
Musik
Musik Mar 23 '16
I think you posted this on the Oxwall blog, but adding this for Oxwall devs: Will Oxwall 1.8.2 be compatible with PHP 5.6? This is what Bluehost offers above 5.4.
Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 23 '16

Quote from Musik I think you posted this on the Oxwall blog, but adding this for Oxwall devs: Will Oxwall 1.8.2 be compatible with PHP 5.6? This is what Bluehost offers above 5.4.
Yes, I never got a reply. I tried asking on BlueHost they said it's BETA so bugs and error can happen and it's not their fault due to it being BETA. Very disappointing on BlueHosts end.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Mar 23 '16
i have PHP 5.6 on my server will that work? little worried when see you guys have problem
Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 23 '16

Quote from Marcus i have PHP 5.6 on my server will that work? little worried when see you guys have problem
Just back up your current website, make sure your cPanel gives you the option to downgrade from 5.6 if it doesn't work and give it a try. I don't know if 5.6 BETA is standard for 5.6 I just know currently BlueHost offers a BETA version of 5.6 if there is a regular 5.6 it may work. Just make sure to do a full backup before trying and if it doesn't work revert back to PHP 5.4 and use the bakup you made of your previous oxwall save.
The Forum post is edited by Kenneth Mar 23 '16
ross Team
ross Mar 24 '16
Kenneth, if you want to, I can try to update your site to 1.8.2 please PM me your cpanel access details and admin website access details, but before you do that, please do backup, switch to the default theme and disable all 3rd party plugins and js code you have on your website. 
ross Team
ross Mar 24 '16
Kenneth, you have the issue with the update because your php version is 5.2 See screenshot. Upgrade to 5.4 + at least. 
Attachments:
  Screenshot from 2016-03-25 10:24:11.png (217Kb)
Musik
Musik Mar 25 '16
Kenneth, this may help. If you updated your PHP version on a Bluehost server through MyPhPConfig, the changes do not occur on your server. I can't tell you why, but the phpinfo() file doesn't lie. You server is still likely PHP 5.2. Instead, you need to add handlers to your .htaccess file. This Bluehost article has those steps. This will actually change your PHP version to what it needs to be.

I discovered the same thing when I was stuck upgrading from 1.7.5 to 1.8.1. Still dealing with it. Bluehost is not the best when it comes to hosting Oxwall right now.

Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 27 '16

Quote from Musik Kenneth, this may help. If you updated your PHP version on a Bluehost server through MyPhPConfig, the changes do not occur on your server. I can't tell you why, but the phpinfo() file doesn't lie. You server is still likely PHP 5.2. Instead, you need to add handlers to your .htaccess file. This Bluehost article has those steps. This will actually change your PHP version to what it needs to be.

I discovered the same thing when I was stuck upgrading from 1.7.5 to 1.8.1. Still dealing with it. Bluehost is not the best when it comes to hosting Oxwall right now.

Thanks for the update, I can get upto 5.4 but It doesn't seem to let me go to 5.6 I'll try some more.
ross Team
ross Mar 28 '16
Kenneth, can you please contact your hosting provider and request to enable error reporting, because I ran the update again and it is blank page again, even though the php version is 5.6. 

We need to see the actual error. 

Kenneth
Kenneth Apr 4 '16

Quote from ross Kenneth, can you please contact your hosting provider and request to enable error reporting, because I ran the update again and it is blank page again, even though the php version is 5.6. 

We need to see the actual error. 

So everyone is updated still trying to work the problem out it's mostly on my server side not the OxWall build. Had to force PHP 5.6 now working on cleaning up the errors that occurred.

This is all thanks to ross that it's being fixed.

ross Team
ross Apr 4 '16
Hello Kenneth sorry for the delay: 

even via SSH we get this error: 

Failed loading /usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/ZendGuardLoader.so:  /usr/php/56/usr/lib64/php/modules/ZendGuardLoader.so: undefined symbol: zend_new_interned_string

Contact your hosting provider and request to resolve it first, then we'll proceed. 

rogelio
rogelio Apr 10 '16

TENGO UN PROBLEMA EN LA ISTLACIONMensaje: session_start (): open (/ tmp / sess_0eb9fe62f7a6f758b00ceaa2a999f69b, O_RDWR) falló: No existe el fichero o directorio (2)Archivo: /home/modao780/public_html/factouch.com/ow_core/session.phpLínea: 83

ross Team
ross Apr 10 '16
Contact your hosting provider. Seems like your tmp folder is full. 
ross Team
ross Apr 25 '16
Ok, Kenneth, this is what I did. I did not replace .htaccess file in order not to overwrite php 5.6 condition and ran the update again. Now the notification is gone. Seems like everything is ok now. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 25 '16
Kenneth
Kenneth Apr 25 '16

Quote from ross Ok, Kenneth, this is what I did. I did not replace .htaccess file in order not to overwrite php 5.6 condition and ran the update again. Now the notification is gone. Seems like everything is ok now. 
Thanks, I am now marking SOLVED
Musik
Musik May 2 '16
Hey Kenneth. Re-reading this thread, how did you resolve all the PHP 5.6 issues with Bluehost?
Kenneth
Kenneth May 6 '16

Quote from Musik Hey Kenneth. Re-reading this thread, how did you resolve all the PHP 5.6 issues with Bluehost?
It is a tad complicated, How I orginally fixed things up to work for users was I turns the writting permissions off for the .htaccess file and updated OxWall it worked apart from it asking me to update OxWall but still stated I had the latest version (I updated regularly before this and would need to edit .htaccess to get OxWall to work). I then backed up my site and updated the plug-ins and themes. After this I used the site for a few days as Ross poked around to see what was going on and it appeared that it was a server issue on Bluehost side but of course they said it was OxWall. A week down the road Ross tried again and the site finally updated just fine. So I would suggest you contact Ross and point him to this thread and let him know you are having the same problem via-bluehost as now he has experience dealing with the problem on bluehost.
The Forum post is edited by Kenneth May 6 '16
Pages: 1 2 »