We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Any tips for installing on Dreamhost PS? | Forum

Jack
Jack Dec 20 '10
I have a higher tier hosting account with Dreamhost and the ability to install server software and components as needed.

First I uploaded the archive, moved into SSH and unpacked and moved files into a test subdomain for the project. Opened up the url directly to this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_id() in /home/xxxxxxx/sub.freshma.de/ow_core/session.php on line 44

Results above are slightly doctored to hide username.

I also was able to get to an actual installation script at one point but it bombed with similar messaging at Stage 2. I have the proper requirements on the server so am I missing some files of some sorts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've searched the forum with zero results for Dreamhost.
Den Team
Den Dec 27 '10
Hello Jack.

Quote from Jack

Fatal error: Call to undefined function session_id() in /home/xxxxxxx/sub.freshma.de/ow_core/session.php on line 44

This error simply means that you have't or blocked SESSION's functions in php. Contact your hosting provider with this.
Christian Gassand
Christian Gassand Feb 24 '23

Hello there! Based on the error message you received, it seems like there might be an issue with the PHP session extension not being properly installed or enabled on your server. This is a common problem that can be resolved by checking your server configuration and ensuring that the necessary files and components are in place. You may want to consult with Dreamhost's support team or a qualified developer who can assist you with troubleshooting the issue further. Best of luck!

The Forum post is edited by Christian Gassand Feb 24 '23
anna
anna Apr 26 '23

Are you looking for a fun and challenging way to pass your time? Then why not try playing the nytimes crossword? It is a classic crossword puzzle that has been around since 1942 and is still one of the most popular puzzles today. It's a great way to test your knowledge and keep your mind sharp. In this article, we will discuss how to play the New York Times Crossword and some tips on solving it. So let's get started!