We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Boring Platform to Seriously! | Forum

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 10 '16
Hi Dave, i will do that, thank you.

Thank you for the info Marcus.

If there is something else i need to know to make this plugin better, please post it.

Senior Developer

dave Leader
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo May 19 '16
Just to chime in, when I first started with Oxwall 4 years ago, it was free, but it wasn't really very good, and plenty of dysfunction. Today it runs really well. This is called progressive development. Oxwall devs have been on a continuous trend of improvement since I first discovered Oxwall. 

Today, it's still a free open source platform, and quite frankly, in my opinion, is now better than the platforms you pay $200, $300, even $500 for. 

This is a community project, and it keeps on developing. Is it perfect? Nothing is perfect. But I can see it just keeps getting better and better with each new version.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 24 '16

Quote from Jobee Bendijo Just to chime in, when I first started with Oxwall 4 years ago, it was free, but it wasn't really very good, and plenty of dysfunction. Today it runs really well. This is called progressive development. Oxwall devs have been on a continuous trend of improvement since I first discovered Oxwall. 

Today, it's still a free open source platform, and quite frankly, in my opinion, is now better than the platforms you pay $200, $300, even $500 for. 

This is a community project, and it keeps on developing. Is it perfect? Nothing is perfect. But I can see it just keeps getting better and better with each new version.

Maybe you notice there was many SEO problem 4 years ago that still not fixed , do you call that progressive development?

I think you need open you eyes little more and not dig inside the code to much what is the most importen for a oxwall website owner? maybe for you is the code and some bugs are fixed all the time. but for me number 1 is SEO and that SEO progress is way to slow .

My competioners will have a lot of money already on they wordpress community sites because they SEO is very good .

Jobee i no care if some bugs are fixed and some new cool features release all the time the MAIN focus that oxwall not have the last 4 years is make SEO better!

Anyways this was off topic because it was about FUN factor that is taken 0 with no good smiley plugin and a developer that stay in some cave and not come back for a long time and not give any information when he will come back again. but it is normal here him not alone doing like that

Marcus

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 24 '16
Hi Marcus, this is the current status of my smileys plugin:

Already haves Compatibility with plugins:     Newsfeed, Photo, Groups, Forum, Events, Blogs, Comments, Video, Attachments, Messages - Chat

In progress:   Questions Plugin, Backend Configuration
It's going to be finished in less than a week.

About the SEO problems, could you make a listo with (Problem -> Solution) so i can whatch and tell you if I can make a plugin to solve all of that problems?

dave Leader
dave May 24 '16
SD thanks for being so involved and asking questions and helping out. It is really appreciated and we need much more of that around here from plugin developers in general.  :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 24 '16
I was install the updated smiley plugin 1.8.3 not ask me how it could bee updated ???because the developer told not buy it and he told he will not bee back for a long time??? Many strange things happen here at oxwall over and over again.

the problem is he forget fix 2 files that will not load and have been a long problem, and he forget fix so it not slow down your website. we not want have plugins that break you website speed

anyways it was Senior Developer that wanted know how to make the plugin SEO friendly.....hmmm i think smileys need alt tags ALL and even smiley that you upload will have alt tags. 

And then the last the thing it should not load every smiley on the main pages so we can have better speed on that pages if that possible?? i dont know im not a high tech developer so maybe better you ask Dave what to do for make the plugin with better SEO

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 24 '16

Thank you Marcus, I already done that.

I thought you were talking about the full website, cause i already saw a few posts regarding that topic.

Thank you dave, I just love to make my work even better every day.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer May 25 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jun 21 '16
I just wanna let you know that my Emojis / Smileys plugin is available in the store:

https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1285

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
I know this is not your job but it would bee great with some links to FUN smiley packages we can download and use with you plugin. The standard smiley packages was look like smiley that i was have on my ICQ messenger 15 years ago or was it 20 years ago i used ICQ if someone remember that chat messenger program and i think it is still alive but im note sure.

I want have cool stickers like viber,Line,whatsapp and other new chatting apps have but i think only way to get that is make someone design it for you. i have not see anywhere you can download something like that or maybe i wrong and someone can share soome cool links?

I will thank you for make a great plugin and give good support here at oxwall, now i will hunting cool fun smileys to my website :)

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 25 '16
tell you how old i am, i just now learned what the eggplant emoji means lmao 
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
My first computer was a commodore 64 :)) and after that Amiga 500 :) great days when you did have a 56k modem and try dowload mp3 on napster all days long...:) 

i could continue here forever so many good memorys....

yes im old to now :) 

I try keep up with the new trends and stickers are very hot in facebook and all this chat apps that are out there. but i think they design it them self that is the problem so you will not find any free stickers like that to download i think but maybe i need check it better when i have the time

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 25 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jun 26 '16
You can do a quick search in google with the words: "emoticons pack"

You will see pages where they make lists of downloadable packs, I don't know which ones are free to use, that's why i haven't shared links, but I will take a look at them and I will let you know if I find something useful.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
Okey i will keep that in mind and try search around in google...i think oxwall should have they own designed smileys that would bee cool and nice marketing and skadate to :)

Anyways i will try find stickers that LINE use and Viber and WHATSAPP but hard find they design they self stickers smileys and protected i guess with copyrights

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 26 '16
Pages: « 1 2