We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Oxwall Mobile Version Re-design | Forum

Locofans
Locofans Aug 8 '16
Uhm no, I tried. It needs a plugin to work. :)
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 8 '16
do you have a plugin Pm me :-)
Locofans
Locofans Aug 8 '16
Unfortunately I don't.
TimoViBritannia
TimoViBritannia Aug 9 '16
Hi, 

what will this themes cost? do you know that yet? Or will you make them available for free?

Locofans
Locofans Aug 9 '16
@TimoViBritannia

I'm glad you asked, there will be Free and Premium version of the theme, depends on the design. This is only a theme for the mobile version, it will not affect the desktop version.

Regarding the price, the premiums will cost between $5 - $15. Any theme developer will be allowed to use them on they theme development.

Hope this answered your question.
Locofans
Locofans Aug 9 '16
UPDATE (8/9/16)

Added support for tablets.

Dark themes for dark website themes

Marcel
Marcel Aug 9 '16
Beautiful wonder when he was in the store?
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 10 '16
Loco....Im getting more loco each time i read your posts, The wait is driving me crazy :)
Locofans
Locofans Aug 10 '16
:) don't go Loco yet my friend, this is only just the beginning.

Philipp
Philipp Aug 16 '16
Great!!

Any New Information about when this mobile Version Plugin will be offered in the store??

I Would Need It as soon as possible, also as a Beta Version!! :-) 
Philipp
Philipp Aug 16 '16
And is it also possible to put the dashboard newsfeed to the Theme at the Main Page like at the Desctop Version?
Locofans
Locofans Aug 17 '16
Hey Philipp,

I already have two themes in the store running on the beta versions. I am curently updating them as well, you can check them out if you don't feel like waiting :).

Redish ==> https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1268
Mobilizer ==> https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1264
Philipp
Philipp Aug 18 '16
Thank you! Is there also a possibility to show the newsfeed of the main page like it is seen at the desctop version? (not only the "dashboard newsfeet"). It seems like it is not possible in your current version, is it?
Locofans
Locofans Aug 19 '16
Hi Philipp,

You lost me there buddy, which task you are trying to preform? Besides, the mobile doesn't add any extra functionality except the ability to manage the colors and menu icons. Everything else is a re-design of the theme :).
Locofans
Locofans Aug 19 '16
Any new functionalities are part of the Oxwall core, I can only re-design the theme based on what Oxwall makes available.
Philipp
Philipp Aug 19 '16
Hey Locofans,

in Oxwall desctop version there are 2 different kind of newsfeet: the my-feet and the site-feet. The newsfeet on the dashboard (my-feet) only shows the news of the user, his friends, and of the user he follows. The newsfeet on the main page ("site feet") shows all activities from all site users. On Oxwalls mobile version (and yours aswell) you can only see the "my-feet", which only shows the users and his friends activity.  (look e.g. https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/15587))

I want to know if it is opossible, to have the site-feet on your mobile version.

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 19 '16
Hi Philipp,

There is two kind of store items, the themes and the plugins.

All the themes are just a skin of the actual mobile version, and the mobile version doesn't have that functionality, it doesn't matter which one theme you are using, the core doesn't privide that in the mobile version.

It can be done, but you need an extra core code modification or make an extra plugin to achieve that. You can make your own plugin or customize the core to make it work like that or, if you prefer, hire someone to do it for you.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Aug 19 '16
Locofans
Locofans Aug 22 '16
Hi Philipp,

As @Senior Developer said, a theme is only a skin modification, it doesn't add any special features nor functionalities to the core. Unfortunately Oxwall have not added these functionalities to the mobile version yet besides the "Photo and User list".

Until now the Oxwall mobile version has been neglected, in terms of designs, functionalities and plugin supports. Perhaps it's due to lack of community contributions to the Oxwall core.

We have indeed some decent developers and designers in our community, I believe if Oxwall had a focus toward the mobile market development, it would have tripled in usability.

Locofans
Locofans Aug 22 '16
Here is an Idea,

I planned to release one of my advanced mobile theme to be part the Oxwall next default mobile theme. But a beautiful design won't make your site suddenly fast nor stable.

Do any of the Oxwall developers/designers are reading the threads at all? If I wanted to contribute to the Oxwall mobile design, is GitHub the only way to go?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 22 '16
As far as I have seen that is the only way to submit considerations to be added to the platform. You may want to send Ross a PM to confirm. I've seen the comment about using Github to submit code changes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 »