We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to add recaptcha to contact us plugin | Forum

shabna mv
shabna mv May 8 '16
Hi, i like this plugin, i am learning oxwall currently. I wish to add recpatcha to my contact us form. How can i add keeping future updates for this plugin in mind.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 10 '16
Topic was moved from Contact Us.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 11 '16
I was able to get captcha working for everyone in the contact us form. If you go to ow_plugins/contactus/controller/contact.php. Remove lines 90,91, and 96. This "If" statement keeps the captcha from displaying for registered members. With this removed it will display the captcha field for everyone.
Be sure you go to ow_includes/config.php, and set dev mode to true. Once you have removed the lines save the file, go to your site, and refresh any page. Set dev mode back to false. I have attached a screenshot that shows the lines.

step by step:
1. open the config.php file in ow_includes, set dev mode at the very bottom to true, save the file.
2. open the contact. php file in ow_plugins/contactus/controller, remove lines 90,91, and 96,save the file.
3. Go to your site, refresh any page.
4. set dev mode back to false at the very bottom of the config.php file, and click save.

Your done. You will have to re-apply this when the plugin is updated.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B May 11 '16
Attachments:
  contact us.jpg (63Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 12 '16
The info above will get the captcha to show for everyone; not the recaptcha. It might be possible for the dev "JK" of the recaptcha plugin to add functionality to his plugin to accomplish this. It appears that all it would take is an addition to bind it to the Contact Us form as he has done to display recaptcha in other areas.
dave Leader
dave May 13 '16
Nice Job Darryl :)