We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

please help, cron in bluehost | Forum

dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '16
https://developers.oxwall.com/1.8.2/CHANGELOG.txt  

you can probably run 1.8.1 on php 5.4 but as of 1.8.2 its php 5.5 minimun

and here is 1.8.3 change log 

https://developers.oxwall.com/1.8.3/CHANGELOG.txt

smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16
ok, dave

1*

to see where is the php file (the path to the PHP binary file).I followed the tutorial here:https://wiki.oxwall.com/install:cron

oxwall/install.txt

then there are two commandes  which php and whereis php linux when i connect with SSH

with first commande which php  i have this /usr/bin/php its work fine

and with commande whesis php i have more file and folder and i take this /usr/php/54/usr/bin/php

Finally I have the same results . and in this tuto : https://wiki.oxwall.com/install:cron ;

i fined my php here  : /usr/bin/php 

ok, Thx i will try this now : 

php -q /home4/yourabit/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

2*
I already adjust the php configuration 6.4look at the attached picture.and tell me if I did well or not? please

The Forum post is edited by smec's Jun 3 '16
Attachments:
  Sélection_037.png (93Kb)
dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '16
smec is there any way you can do just php 5.5 here is why. 

oxwall runs fine on php 5.5

oxwall run intermittent (so so) on 5.6

oxwall on php 7 not tested

i think if you can get just php 5.5 you should be ok. 

smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16
thx dave, but we can't do this choice in bluehost :( just 5.4 or 5.6 you can see image jointed

dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '16
Thank you for sharing, i will pass this information on to see if we can get blue host to do 5.5 option. 
smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16

Quote from dave Thank you for sharing, i will pass this information on to see if we can get blue host to do 5.5 option. 

Thank you very much :) dave
dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '16
you may have to stay with version 1.8.1 until we get an answer. I will make sure ross sees this too when he gets back after the weekend
smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16
there is now probleme :) 

I already blocked my old site and I warned my users for these changes.So it's good.the main thing for me is to find a solution :)thank you very much.

Musik
Musik Jun 3 '16
Hey there, smec. Got your PM. Kind of playing catch up here. I won't call myself an expert on running Oxwall on Bluehost but hopefully my past experiences can help a bit here. Ross and Dave can walk you through the more server-specific requirements, but here's what you need to get things running on Bluehost (assuming you have the right hardware/software):

First, you're correct. Bluehost only offers PHP 5.4 and a beta version of PHP 5.6. It's not ideal at the moment for Oxwall. Also, if you set your server to PHP 5.6 in PHP Config, the changes do not actually take place on your server. Don't ask me why, I'm not 100% certain. Instead, you need to add handlers to your .htaccess file.

Here's the Bluehost help article about this.

So in your .htaccess file, add the following lines of code and this will update your server to PHP 5.6:

# Use PHP5.6 as default        

AddHandler application/x-httpd-phpbeta .php

This will properly set your server to PHP 5.6 on Bluehost.

----

Cron Job

Saw a lot in here about cron jobs. Not sure if this has been resolved yet, but if you go to Cron Jobs directly from your cPanel, you can set it up like so (see screenshot for details):

wget -q -O /dev/null http://www.yoursiteurl.com/ow_cron/run.php

Hopefully these items help you on your way!

The Forum post is edited by Musik Jun 3 '16
Musik
Musik Jun 3 '16
Note: Edited the above post since it removed some hard returns were deleted after I posted. Added them back so it's easier to read.
dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '16
my brain must be asleep, the moment you posted that Musik i remembered you had that other post on here too, dang i must be getting old i cant remember stuff like i used to.  Sorry about that and thank you Musik for jumping in, its always appreciated... :)
Musik
Musik Jun 3 '16

Quote from dave my brain must be asleep, the moment you posted that Musik i remembered you had that other post on here too, dang i must be getting old i cant remember stuff like i used to.  Sorry about that and thank you Musik for jumping in, its always appreciated... :)
No worries. I'm not of you or Ross caliber when it comes to troubleshooting but I'm starting to get PMs on Bluehost hosting stuff, so lending a hand where I can. Hopefully we'll create enough posts/resources on the forums so fellow Bluehost folks can get these issues resolved. The whole PHP 5.6 .htaccess handler thing is really tripping people up.
The Forum post is edited by Musik Jun 3 '16
dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '16
yeah we need to put a sticky up for sure. 
smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16

thx Musik, yes dave its always appreciated :) her jumping

dave Leader
dave Jun 3 '16
:) please let us know smec how it goes 
smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16
Please look at is what the choices I made good?

1*  PHP 5.6 [Beta, check site functionality for compatibility after enabling]
All files with the extension .php will be handled by the PHP 5.6 engine.
Latest version of PHP.

2** PHP 5.6 (Single php.ini) [Beta, check site functionality for compatibility after enabling]
Same as PHP 5.6, but all subdirectories will use ~/public_html/php.ini

3*** PHP 5.6 (FastCGI) [Beta, check site functionality for compatibility after enabling]
All files with the extension .php will be handled by PHP 5.6 FastCGI processes.
FastCGI for PHP makes all your PHP applications run through mod_fastcgi instead of mod_suphp. This eliminates the overhead of loading the PHP interpreter on every hit. Since it is always in memory ready for the next hit, the responses will be generated faster.

Musik
Musik Jun 3 '16
You'll need the first choice, PHP 5.6 Beta. I experimented with PHP 5.6 Single php.ini and PHP 5.6 Fast CGI, but they do not work with Oxwall 1.8.3. But you have to make the choice via your .htaccess file with PHP handlers, not PHP Config. See my previous post for details.
smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16

Quote from Musik You'll need the first choice, PHP 5.6 Beta. I experimented with PHP 5.6 Single php.ini and PHP 5.6 Fast CGI, but they do not work with Oxwall 1.8.3. But you have to make the choice via your .htaccess file with PHP handlers, not PHP Config. See my previous post for details.
yes I saw that when I change the php config that the .htaccess file also changes.and I saw the suport of bluehost do it for me a few days ago.
smec's
smec's Jun 3 '16
and now when i change my php config i have this change in my .htaccess here : 

# Use PHPBETA as default

AddHandler application/x-httpd-phpbeta .php 

# BEGIN WordPress 

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> 

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / 

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d 

RewriteRule . /index.php [L] 

</IfModule>

# END WordPress

I do not know if I'm good or not by adding the following .htaccess file after changing the file.

to get this

# Use PHPBETA as default AddHandler application/x-httpd-phpbeta .php 

# BEGIN WordPress 

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> 

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L] 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d 

RewriteRule . /index.php [L] </IfModule> # END WordPress 

# For security reasons, Option followsymlinks cannot be overridden. 

#Options +FollowSymLinks Options +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch RewriteEngine On AddEncoding gzip .gz AddEncoding gzip .gzip <FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$"> ForceType text/javascript </FilesMatch> 

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$"> ForceType text/css </FilesMatch> 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/ 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/captcha\.php 

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC] 

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ [NC] 

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

Musik
Musik Jun 3 '16
smec, that should be OK in theory. If there are any other server configuration issues (see Ross and Dave's posts), then you may still have a few issues unrelated to PHP version.

Also, note that anytime you update Oxwall, it'll rewrite your .htaccess file. This means that those handlers may be erased. So when updating, set your .htaccess permissions to 404 so it's not overwritten, then make updates manually to it if needed.

Let me know if this makes sense and I can go into detail if need be.

How're things looking right now?

Pages: « 1 2 3 »