We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Twitter Sign in/Connect API | Forum

Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 19 '16
Does anyone know, or has anyone setup Twitter's "sign in" API on their Oxwall site? There used to be a plugin, but I don't think it is available anymore.

Instead of a plugin, can the code be added to the sign in page? Here is this, but I don't understand it nor can I interpret it:
https://dev.twitter.com/web/sign-in/implementing

Please let me know if you can break that down for me, & if their is any way that I can add the twitter sign in button & OAuth to my site. Thanks!
Anitaku
Anitaku Jul 19 '16
I'd be interested in this also if anyone decides to make it a plug in.
ross Team
ross Jul 19 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 20 '16
Bump.
Anyone?
Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 20 '16
Is support team on vacation?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 20 '16
No. They aren't on vacation. lol. This will require a plugin to be developed. The support team, mainly Ross, and Dave, deal with issues directly related to the Oxwall platform. Maybe one of the plugin developers will pick this up, and make a plugin.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 20 '16
P.S. You could try reaching out to some of the devs in the store that seem to be familiar with this sort of integration. That's a place to start.
Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 20 '16
I have a better chance at reaching Trump during the RNC than most of these devs lol
Not to come off as bitter, but I have reached out to a handful of devs in the store for various reasons, including existing plugins I would like to purchase from them, and my inbox is empty.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 20 '16
Wouldn't buy those plugins for sure. I use that to see how responsive some are. No response answers that. I haven't ever had a plugin developed, or done one myself. I don't know how anyway. I know Dave is working on a plugin right now so he's consumed with it. Maybe when he is done you could ask him.
Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 20 '16
If Dave is working on a plugin, then put my pre-order in now. Let me know when it's complete,Dave!
The Forum post is edited by Ryan P Jul 20 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 20 '16
lol. It's not a twitter integration though. I believe it's some sort of chat, but Dave is good with code. I looked at the API you listed, but I am like you, that's about all I could do is just look at it. Maybe one day.
iDragon Solution Co., Ltd
We will have a look  on this.
Ryan P
Ryan P Jul 21 '16
thanks iDragon
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 15 '19
Any updates on this iDragon ?