We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[object Object] | Forum

dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
nevermind i didnt finish that read, sorry about that she was addressing another issue... wow that was a gutterball by me huh, :(
Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave nevermind i didnt finish that read, sorry about that she was addressing another issue... wow that was a gutterball by me huh, :(
NP, I really appreciate your help.
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
Rob your not using free hosting are you?
Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave Rob your not using free hosting are you?
I'm not, I am however using a shared hosting provider (hostgator).
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
whats your site url, you can pm me if you dont want to make it public also please change your profile, i dont think oxwall allows you to use their own site as your site link lol... :)
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
rob when does this happen i need to recreate it 
Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave rob when does this happen i need to recreate it 
Anytime someone tries to create a new forum post, or anytime I try to customize the homepage (add/edit/delete a widget).
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
have you checked the console i see a couple of errors on the console now, not sure if it is the reason but you have a couple of font failures.   Do you know how to view the console
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
Darryl is better than i am at this end of the sprectum im more of a php guy admin side of things.   But together im sure we might come up with something. 
Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave have you checked the console i see a couple of errors on the console now, not sure if it is the reason but you have a couple of font failures.   Do you know how to view the console
I see nothing that I think could cause this issue, but I'm really not an expert at this kind of thing.
Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave Darryl is better than i am at this end of the sprectum im more of a php guy admin side of things.   But together im sure we might come up with something. 
Thanks.  I appreciate any input or direction that you can provide.
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
do you have a test account or can you give guests permission to post on forum so i can duplicate this please.  It will only be temporary 
Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave do you have a test account or can you give guests permission to post on forum so i can duplicate this please.  It will only be temporary 
Sure, I have a test account - will PM you the details.
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
ok thanks 
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
login and look at the console htmlarea.js looks like its having a conflict of some kind
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
what i mean is have the console on and log in, you will see what i mean,i think thats part of the issue 
dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
TypeError: data.selectorText is undefined

dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
looks like a theme issue, that error means its not reading the css properly i think.  

change to a core theme and see if the issue persists, if not contact the theme developer to fix his theme. 

Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave login and look at the console htmlarea.js looks like its having a conflict of some kind
Which I think points towards a css issue?

Maybe I altered the theme.  Will look into it.

Rob
Rob Aug 6 '16

Quote from dave looks like a theme issue, that error means its not reading the css properly i think.  

change to a core theme and see if the issue persists, if not contact the theme developer to fix his theme. 

It's the included "basic" theme, but I may have altered it I don't really recall.  I look into it (and try another theme).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »