We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Addthis buttons not showing mobile site | Forum

Joel
Joel Aug 1 '16
Hi all,

I have "addthis" sharing buttons added to my site and they work well on the desktop site (sidebar and photo share buttons all show).  When I use the mobile site they don't show at all.

Is there a trick I am missing or it won't work with Oxwall mobile site? 

Thanks in advance.

Joe

dave Leader
dave Aug 1 '16
I dont do mobile sorry, i dont even own a mobile device lol... Ross and some of the other volunteers will be around in about 5 hours and they may be able to help... Hang in there someone will answer im sure :)
Joel
Joel Aug 1 '16
Ha ha ha. Thanks Dave : )  No problems, I appreciate that you guys are busy and spreading yourselves across everything.

Cheers 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 1 '16
There are several things that aren't compatible with the Oxwall default mobile theme. Do you have a responsive theme? If not, this would be your best bet to get better functionality. The responsive themes are designed to give a comparable desktop to mobile view. There are some plugins that simply won't work well with mobile due to responsive features not being implemented into the plugin its self. Theme Devs will sometimes modify a plugin's css layout to make it display well on mobile, if they can.
Joel
Joel Aug 1 '16
Hi Darryl.  Thanks for the info mate.  I currently just use a standard Oxwall theme so that most likely explains what's going on.  Cheers for the heads up and have a good day.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 1 '16
You're welcome. There are a few free responsive themes in the store. I may try to add a few that I have been working on. If they will allow.

P.S. If you do get a responsive theme, you can disable the Oxwall mobile in the admin panel to let the new theme handle the mobile side as well. If you don't disable it, the default Oxwall theme will kick in on mobile phones.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Aug 1 '16
Aliya Team
Aliya Aug 2 '16
>>P.S. If you do get a responsive theme, you can disable the Oxwall mobile in the admin panel to let the new theme handle the mobile side as well. If you don't disable it, the default Oxwall theme will kick in on mobile phones.

+1 .

Addthis plugin is not compatible with mobile version of our software.