We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forms will not fill after upgrade to 1.8.4 - Cannot login[Solved] | Forum

Richard Austin
Richard Austin Aug 5 '16
How can I fix this?

Thank you
The Forum post is edited by ross Aug 14 '16
dave Leader
dave Aug 5 '16
Hi Richard,  

you dont have a url on your profile,  did the update say it finished?  And did you clear your cache?  

If you dont want to share your site publically you can send me a private message with it and ill take a look from the outside to see what i can see.  Ross will need the url anyway in order to help you.. 

Richard Austin
Richard Austin Aug 6 '16
Thank you for your reply, Dave. Oops, forgot the URL. Our site URL is http://yamweb.org/EdTech/

Here's is what I have discovered so far (as I am not a technical person):

It is a browser issue with FireFox. Cleared the cache and tried default version (all plugins disabled) and there is still can't enter anything into the form. Registration DOES work with IE, however. And, the login/join for works elsewhere as we are receiving registrations.

It is not an issue with auto-filling the forms as I can't even enter a username or password in the form while in firefox. Hmmmmmm!

I am a newbie to FireFox and I know this is outside of your support but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Richard

Nice piece of software by the way! Thanks for having it out there.

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 6 '16
This is a CSS problem, please let know to the developer of your theme about this issue.

The text color and the background color are white.The problem is that you can type but the text color is white, if you type something and select with the mouse the text inside, you will see the text that you typed in. 
You can fix it in your website adding this custom css code in your theme customization:

.ow_sign_in input[type="text"]

{

color: #AAAAAA;

}

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Aug 6 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 6 '16
Good find SD. He mentioned it was all forms. The #fffff color is applied to the input box that is used across the site instead of just the sign in. He may need to use this to correct the site wide issue. Just copy, and paste it in the admin custom css, and definitely let the theme dev know.

Having a url certainly makes helping easier.

input[type="text"], input[type="password"], textarea, select, div.jhtmlarea {
    color: #000;
}
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Aug 6 '16
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Aug 6 '16
+1 Darryl B

Richard Austin, please use the code of Darryl B, that will fix all your white inputs.

The Forum post is edited by Senior Developer Aug 6 '16
Richard Austin
Richard Austin Aug 6 '16
Thank you for the CSS. Will apply it and post the results.

As for letting the theme developer (OW Visuals) know...that's pretty much a lost cause with them. I posted a request to them in March and still no reply!

All I wanted to do is change the text (Welcome to our . . . . and Before ....) to white.

Again, thank you. I let you know if it works.

Richard

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 6 '16
This will turn the "Welcome" white.

.ow_sign_in_wrap form .ow_sign_up {

color: #fff;
}

Also went to look at your question on the theme forum. This will allow you to change the font size of the "Join" link.

.ow_sign_up a {

font-size: 25px;

}

Richard Austin
Richard Austin Aug 6 '16
Thank you Darryl and SD.  The css change worked. And thanks for the Welcome css change as well.

Richard
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 6 '16
You are welcome. That's what community is all about. Maybe you can help someone one day as well.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 6 '16
One last little tip. To improve the legibility of the white text you can add a background color like this to the welcome message.

.ow_sign_in_wrap form .ow_sign_up {

background-color: rgba(75, 75, 75, 0.5);

color: #fff;

}

dave Leader
dave Aug 6 '16
Nice job guys :0)

Richard if OW Visuals is not replying to your requests for support please report them to the moderation team at  moderation_team@oxwall.org  

This is part of the process of correcting store issues. If we dont know about the issue we cant fix it. Please include your post link in the report as well as any other details you might have.  If everyone does this then it will help identify those that do not support their products.

Thanks and for everyone i am glad we could help you.. :0)

Richard Austin
Richard Austin Aug 10 '16
Dave,

Sorry for the delayed reply. My topic to OW Visuals was first posted May 25 with a follow up request for a reply on June 23. Still nothing.

Topic: Changing Text Color in Sign-in Box - Proximus | Forum

Will notify moderation time as soon as I can.

Thank you for your help,

Richard
dave Leader
dave Aug 10 '16
Richard i did reach out to them and they told me they preferred to work using PM not plugin post. I did advise them that there was no notice of this on their plugin page anywhere or on their profile at that time.   I did not mention your name only because i wanted them to react to the post on their own in good faith and not have to be told to do so, that is really not my position to do that as a leader.  

However i did mention your name in another post (unrelated) in which i referrered to the bad customer support that you recieved and noted that this was not taking care of business and such things should not happen. 

I hope that my conversation with them has caused them to rethink the way they handle requests.   In my opinion there is really no reason to handle requests via PM only as it just benefits the DEV and not the customer.  But they are not breaking any policy by doing so i dont believe, its just their preference.  

Best of luck and have a great day :)

ross Team