We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Server down more then 24 hours | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 13 '16
Hi

What can i do when my host server is down now more then 24 hour? i feel totally lost and my business are start going down and i lose money and many members :/

I feel there is nothing i can do very dissapointed on this vps account that i have :/

I want to have a safe business that not have problems like this :/

And i feel they not care how much money i lose or how much members i lose every hour...:/

frustrated totally

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 13 '16
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 13 '16
Not much you can do about that. I know from playing around with cloudflare for a bit, when I had it, that you could post a message to your users explaining the issue, and I remember that it would offer up offline cached content from your site. I only have experience with one host, but from being around here for a while, I think all of them have their issues. The only way to potentially avoid extended downtime it to have a redundant server that takes over if the primary fails. This is what most big businesses do, but they have the bucks to do that.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 13 '16
redundant server sounds interesting i need google more on that :) I hope i could bee rich and have like that in future :)

so almost all host have problems sooner or later with down time like this? there is no point change host because of this 24 hour downtime? 

I hope it will not bee 48 hours or more...then i will start get crazy and climb on walls at my home :/

here only info what i can see http://status.inmotionhosting.com/

i should have been on the east network...:/

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 13 '16
I would say the mark of a good host is how long. I use my site mostly just for playing around with stuff. I've been on Arvixe since the beginning. They had issues during their conversion after the buyout, but it's been pretty good since that. I can't say how they are with their VPS, or dedicated servers since I'm just on a shared plan. They were on Oxwall's hosting list. I don't know what happened there, but I've seen they were on Skadate's list the last time I looked.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 13 '16
maybe i should change to Arvixe i heard they are have little downtime. 

but i would like to have my server placed in Singapore not in the USA like i have now.

I was try google around little but not sure what host that provide servers in singapore and that have "cheap" VPS plans. 

Only expensive and little known host company is easy to find in Singapore.

I need prices like inmotion have now... not more i not ready to pay ...hmmm

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Aug 13 '16
I'm not sure of other server locations for Arvixe. I do think I've seen they have them in other locations.
Abbey
Abbey Aug 14 '16
I agree with moving servers but I don't recommend arvixe, try togglebox or hostgator.
bobbi
bobbi Aug 14 '16
I switched from arvixe, server was ok but support was awful, there are still arvixe customers with on going tickets open for weeks with no replies, you have to use Twitter to get a response, beware if you join arvixe and your server goes down you will have more chance of winning the lottery than getting your ticket answered lol
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 15 '16
hostgator i try before, worst nightmare ever i have with them.

they stop answer tickets and they chat support was very slow. you need sit and wait a long time and when you talk with someone at chat support you can wait 10-20 minuts for him reply. and after talk with them 1 hour they tell me to post a ticket and when post a ticket i have to wait more then 1 week get answers.

NEVER again i will use hostgator in my life it was a nightmare i never forget.

I have try Siteground and they chat support was the fastest i ever seen . and i like fast support but siteground are little bit expensive with vps plans so that why i did leave them and to try inmotion. but inmotion support are not the best one but not the worst one. and inmotion have make my server down several times now.

It is nice to collecting other experiense about host companys so you get a bigger picture what host companys are good and what host company that are not good for you business.

I was complain 10 times to inmotion administration and after some talk with them they was give me 1 month extended vps plan and another time same they did extend my vps plan with 1 month because support was acting rude to me and was try look me stupid sarcasm on a high level but i was copy conversation and send to higher boss and i was given free 1 month. but if i did not email them and complain to they bigger boss nothing would happen. So sometimes you need stand up for get value for you money that you invested in they company if not they will totally ignore you and laughing at you behind they PC

okey then Arvixe i will not use, because i like fast support and good support.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 15 '16
ross Team
ross Aug 15 '16
Topic was moved from General Questions.
David
David Aug 30 '16
Footnote... I know it's an older thread, but I'm using FastComet... and they're pretty awesome.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 30 '16
Are they support FAST as the name says FastComet? If they faster then siteground chat support then i will bee chocked. siteground chat is insane fast and i think they are beating all host if we talk about fast chat support what i value high because i not like ignorance and slow support if i pay for a product i want top level support :-) But sometimes you pay what you get :-)

Are fast comet vps prices cheaper then inmotions prices? the vps prices was little bit high for my wallet just checked it...

Thanks for the Footnote!

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 30 '16
Damian
Damian Sep 26 '16
if you are still having that problem you can trying http://blueonnix.com
Quote from Maяcus Hi

What can i do when my host server is down now more then 24 hour? i feel totally lost and my business are start going down and i lose money and many members :/

I feel there is nothing i can do very dissapointed on this vps account that i have :/

And i feel they not care how much money i lose or how much members i lose every hour...:/

frustrated totally

The Forum post is edited by Damian Sep 26 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 27 '16
do they have vps plans? and how much?
Quote from Damian if you are still having that problem you can trying http://blueonnix.com
Quote from Maяcus Hi

frustrated totally

Damian
Damian Sep 28 '16

Quote from Maяcus do they have vps plans? and how much?
Quote from Damian if you are still having that problem you can trying http://blueonnix.com
Quote from Maяcus Hi

frustrated totally

no not at the moment. but the servers was setup to run oxwall. give them a call