We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Docx doesn't work - DOC Plus | Forum

Dipojjal
Dipojjal Aug 14 '16
When I upload txt or pdf, they work fine. But, the docx and doc format doesn''t work. I redirects to an office online page and thenthe office online link redirects back to file not found,. I've tried multiple times and the file gets uploaded but, there is a problem when I try opening it. It never opens.
dave Leader
dave Aug 14 '16
Hi sorry i have been sick, so you say the file does upload but when you try to open the file then it does not open correct?

Do you have the correct permissions set in role permissions?

i just tested a sample docx file which is a microsoft word file and it opened just fine.  When it asked if you want to let the internet open the file just say no and it will open in word. 

here is the file that i just tested..   Also remember that opening the file is beyond the plugin function that is dependent on what you have loaded on your pc and how the server handles external file calls. If you want me to take a look i will be glad to. 

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 14 '16
Attachments:
  testdocx.docx (4Kb)
Dipojjal
Dipojjal Aug 15 '16
Hi,

Ya sure I would be glad if you could help me out with the problem... I will PM you my credentials kindly have a look at it.

Thanks and Regards,

Dipojjal Chakrabarti

dave Leader
dave Aug 15 '16
OK, not sure what i can do but ill look, i mean the plugin just gives you the ability to upload, store, and display the items to those with proper permisisons, its purpose is not to be integrated with any other third party service such as word or anything like that.  That part of it is up to your computer and how your host allows you to open files.  
You do not have permission to reply this topic