We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I stops only not smart people from post badwords - Badwords | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 25 '16
You can never block someone from post 1 word on you website.

for example you want to block the word "hotmail"

then you can post that word in 1000 combinations and still they who recieve the word understand if they are smart.

here SOME example for the word "hotmail" that you can make.

"h.o.t.m.a.i.l" or "h o t m a i l" or "hot-mail" i can continue forever i feel and you can not block the alfabet totally so this plugin is not much smart and it will only keep stupid people from post bad words that no understand they can do combinations many.

I was thinking buy this plugin it is not a good solution if want block bad words...i think there is no good solution for that 2016 or maybe i wrong then correct me...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 25 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 8 '16
I have get spam links looks like this "w w w  m y s i t e . c o m "

I agree it can probably stop normal link combinations but not smart combinations and i think there no good solutions for stop smart combinations uselly i like solve problems but this problem have the alfabet involved and no site want to stop alfabet ...

but again it stops normal letter combinations....

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 9 '16

Maяcus, you are right, if a person is smart enough, they could cheat the system. Nobody is guaranteed against this and for now there only one solution - is implementing the regexp checks. However, not everyone knows how to write correct regular expression to avoid at least 50% of described cases.

That's why you should always have a moderator on your website, who checks the content for inappropriate information.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Sep 9 '16

I agree on moderation will stop bad smart words and other people will flag them to the moderator but sometimes it can take times for moderator get this information and you need acting very quickly for avoid 100-1000 spam links. Maybe here could bee a better solution but i think a faster report system to moderators would bee hard implement and all depending on how fast you members report the spam links to the moderators.

And for give oxwall and skadate software a BIG success they should implementing a browser fingerprint blocking plugin for make it very hard for spammers come back again. There is many good scripts on github for this. CupidMedia is already using this member blocker feature and it is very hard come back to they website if you get blocked.i have test it :) i think they have hardware fingerprint to not only browser fingerprint. very interesting someone need create this plugin :))

i suggest skalfa will create it and it is for all people safety and a big boost for this software...

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Sep 9 '16
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Sep 14 '16
Thank you for your feedback and suggestion. We will forward it to our product design department.
kirsty
kirsty Nov 3 '16
so I am having issues. I am blocking some bad word in my list dont laugh I am blocking tit but this then sensors the word title all over the site? Help
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Nov 4 '16
Kristy, this is how the plugin works. This plugin simply detects if there is a badword regardless of if it's a separate word or a part of a word on the website page and hides it. To make it work the way you need, the plugin should be more flexible, let's say it should have regexp checker. This can solve the problems described in the posts above as well as the problem you've got faced with. We will forward it to our product design department, but for now all we can suggest is to add, let's say, 'tits' instead of 'tit' badword  or refuse using such short badwords.
The Forum post is edited by Skalfa LLC Nov 4 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic