We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook connect not working on Mobile Android or Mobile Firefox - Facebook Connect | Forum

Julien
Julien Sep 5 '16
Hi I am running on Android 5.01 and on there I cannot use Facebook connect in my mobile browser (Chrome and Firexox mobile). It works without problems on my normal desktop browser so it appears to be something that is only there on the mobile browser.

Url I use is: http://ox.merudi.net

Now I used mobile firefox to view the error console, and there I see the following error when clicking on FB Connect button:

in fb.js -> ReferenceError: FB is not defined.

So I suspect some loading order is failing. Now I do notice some other errors in the console, which I don't know if they are related, but just putting them here to be sure:

bootstrap.js -> nsIOService::NewChannel() deprecated, use NewChannel2()
bootstrap.js -> nsIAboutModule->newChannel(aURI) deprecated please use nsIAboutModule->newChannel(aURI,aLoadInfo)
browser.js -> window.controllers is no longer supported, don't use this for UA-detection

Please fix the connector to allow FB sign in, on mobile browser. P.s. I have the same error on my mobile browser when I try to login on the Oxwall store with Facebook, so also on your site this is not working too.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 6 '16
Are you using desktop version or mobile version of the website?
Julien
Julien Sep 7 '16
I am using the desktop version of the site, which has a responsive theme (goole). This is way better option to have a mobile version, because everything works here as it should. But please note that the Oxwall store also doesn't work on mobile firefox, which is also the desktop site.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 8 '16
First, we do not support desktop version on mobile devices, which is why something can't work properly.

Second I just tested your website login via FB connect via google chrome everything works ok.

See screenshots.

Something is wrong on your side.
Julien
Julien Sep 12 '16
I don't think you are using Android 5.0 and the Firefox mobile browser. Here is a screenshot when I use my mobile to sign into your own store with Facebook:
Clicking the FB login button doesn't do anything and even asks me to seach for some words on the screen.

To be clear, it is this URL which I want to login to:
https://developers.oxwall.com/...m/topic/49789?page=1
The Forum post is edited by Julien Sep 12 '16
Attachments:
  Screenshot_2016-09-09-19-55-05.png (157Kb)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Sep 14 '16
I'm sorry but we cannot reproduce the issue on our side. When we click fb connect button on desktop version on Android 5 and Firefox browser we get another screen where one can login via FB account.

See screenshots

Something is wrong with your smartphone.
The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Software Sep 14 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic