We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Microsoft Edge and photo problem | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Nov 6 '16
Hi guys,

I don't really use Edge so never noticed it before but I cant seem to upload a photo using the Edge browser.

Photo upload is working fine in Chrome and Firefox so was wondering if this was a general issue with that browser or just an issue for my site.

Anyone else notice this?
The Forum post is edited by Shaun Nov 6 '16
ross Team
ross Nov 7 '16
We just tested photo upload feature in Edge, everything works fine on our demo. 
Shaun
Shaun Nov 7 '16
Thanks for the reply Ross. I will try it again tonight and post here if the problem persists.
Shaun
Shaun Nov 7 '16
This problem persists for my site and only happens when using tthe edge browser.

The error message says I am trying to upload an invalid file type.

Any ideas?
dave Leader
dave Nov 7 '16
can you attach the file please so we can try it.. 
Shaun
Shaun Nov 8 '16
Good morning dave, it really doesn't matter what file it is. the problem only occurs if i try to upload using Edge. the same diles upload fine in Firefox and chrome.

They are all .jpg file types. its a strange one.

dave Leader
dave Nov 8 '16
have you tried to reset edge to default settings in case there is something running thats custom.
ross Team
ross Nov 8 '16
Please try to do upload image in jpg format via edge on our demo. Do you get the same results? 
Shaun
Shaun Nov 8 '16

Hi Ross, I can't upload to the Demo site either so I guess the problem is with my copy of edge as apposed to my Oxwall installation.

@Dave I don't know how to reset Edge but I did try clearing my cache. It had no effect but to be honest I rarely use edge anyway, I only have it installed because it came with my PC so I'm really not too bothered.

You have alleviated the concern I had for my site so thank you guys for the help. 

it is very Much appreciated.

Shaun.

The Forum post is edited by Shaun Nov 8 '16
dave Leader
dave Nov 8 '16
Your welcome Shaun :)
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
What you get from us is convenience, quality, and speed all in one. Malden Towing Company
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Jan 3
We have extensive expertise in repairing both diesel and gasoline engines Big Gainesville Mobile Mechanic