We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

This plugin may be on its last leg with 1.8.4 and beyond - Cache Extreme | Forum

dave Leader
dave Nov 6 '16
I noticed before 1.8.4 that the free exteme cache plugin was not at 100% all the time when clearing cache.  But now i have noticed a big difference with 1.8.4.   

Now some of this is due to the fact that i also use cloudflare for my DNS and it caches every page of the site. And in order to get a new page when you want it you have to clear their cache for that file.  

But even with that, i noticed that expecially with JS, CSS, and images that the plugin was not clearing the site cache, the HTML it seems to still do OK with.   

So we all knew this day would come, i have recomended that plugin to alot of people as it used to make it so easy to do.  But it may be on its last legs folks, so just be prepared to start changing to dev mode when it does. 

Just wanted to give you a heads up is all.  Especially with a new version of Oxwall around the corner and with all the cache clearing issues it maybe be better to slowly ween off the plugin and start using dev mode now.  Not even sure if anyone is going to ever update it or not. 

dave

The Forum post is edited by dave Nov 6 '16
You do not have permission to reply this topic