We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Open Source Community API | Forum

Yevhen
Yevhen Nov 11 '16
I have some perfect proposition to every user and developer in Oxwall OPEN SOURCE COMMUNITY. We can create an OPEN SOURCE github branch in order to develop general built-in API for Oxwall OPEN SOURCE community CMS. Free of charge. Together. It is really stupid to wait that some 3rd party dev will create API for 99$ per pc.!!! It should be built-in. When this API will be built-in out of the box - oxwall will get a HUGE jump! I see that Oxwall devs still didn't start developing process, so I wanna propose this project to you! In case somebody wants to participate - I will create branch on github and we will start development.
Yevhen
Yevhen Nov 11 '16
Unfortunately I'm a Python developer, so I don't have any good knowledge in JS, PHP, etc. But I can write some nice free scripts for this API in order to help your communities to grow. For example I can write some nice botnet activity script, which will control your bots  activity in Oxwall community.
The Forum post is edited by Yevhen Nov 11 '16
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Nov 14 '16
Are you referring to Web APIs support to Oxwall?

I had started a project on REST API support to Oxwall http://oxwalldev.blogspot.com/2015/03/oxwall-plugin-oxwebapi.html/It is still not finished. But I am open for co-development.

Yevhen
Yevhen Nov 14 '16
Yes. Native built-in API. For free.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 16 '16
Pustak

I suggest you put you many not finished project in the store and let people donate on you not finished project and give they who donate free license to you projects.

Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Nov 20 '16
@Love my avatar,

Thanks for your suggestion. In principal I am fine with this idea, though it is looks challenging that people will show interest and put money for an unfinished project (and also getting it approved by Oxwall to publish on store). Primarily, I look for co-development so that completion could be expedite.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 20 '16
it is not challenging at all.

you do the same now ask people send you money for not finish projects but you doing it in the dark not in the public. 

bring you projects up here at oxwall store and make they who want spend money on you and you project a option to do that in public. 

I feel you want people give you money for projects out of this store involved.

and you projects have been on you blog for several years. only one time i forced you post a project here that was not finished.

You fishing for people here support you strange not finish projects for a very long time.

it is easy to say i have many not finish project do you want spend money with me on it. i could do that to but i feel it looks not seriously at all specially if the projects have been unfinished for several years

and i think you blog is for SEO oxwall and fishing people create projects to oxwall

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Nov 20 '16
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Nov 21 '16
@Make the store great again, I am not sure from where you got the idea that I have asked for any monetary contribution. I would rather prefer to open source it on platform like github and people can contribute directly.

If there is good support for this mode, I am ready to consider to post the current code for

1. Oxwall WEB API

2. OXWall User Rewards

So that plugins could be developed by community for community.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Nov 21 '16
yes use github great idea...let me know if it works or not
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Nov 23 '16
Oxwall Web API Plugin baseline code is available here:

https://github.com/pustaksadan/Oxwall_Web_API

Please share your github user Id here if interested to join as Collaborators or try to join directly as Collaborators.

Yevhen
Yevhen Nov 23 '16
Please create development branch for pull requests from our side. I have stared Your repo.
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Nov 23 '16
Development branch created. Please check.
Yevhen
Yevhen Nov 24 '16
Cool! Thanks! I will start today to checkout the code and work on it.
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Jan 10 '17
did you get some chance to look into the Code.
The Forum post is edited by Pustak Sadan Jan 10 '17
Yevhen
Yevhen Jan 11 '17
Yes. I'm working with code, but I'm a Python dev. Now passing tutorials for PHP. I have 2-3 hour per week. Once I will get first success on my local server - I will push updates.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am also interested in this.
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 1 '17
I have found some nice API example based on flask. I can start adaptation for Oxwall engine/db but firstly I need server-side PHP authorization module. It should receive username/pass, check them in the db and (in case it's correct) create a temporary token for let's say 3 hrs and give it back (same like fb makes). After  that I will insert this token inside each API request. Can somebody do it?
The Forum post is edited by Yevhen Mar 1 '17
Pustak Sadan
Pustak Sadan Mar 1 '17
I will attempt
Yevhen
Yevhen Mar 2 '17
Next week I will start API adaptation
Pages: 1 2 3 »