We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

**Ideas** - Yoom - Chatroom | Forum

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 14 '16
Do you have ideas on how to improve Yoom? Please share with us :)
Lukma Kassimu
Lukma Kassimu Nov 14 '16
Include public chat where every member can chat without joining a specific room.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 14 '16

Quote from Lukma Kassimu Include public chat where every member can chat without joining a specific room.
Thanks for your contribution. I will try including an option to enable and disable public chat in the future.
Tom Carlyle
Tom Carlyle Nov 21 '16
Hello,

I purchased Yoom and I think it's very good, so thank you for that.

I particularly look forwards to seeing the moderation features in an upcoming update.

A few things I think would improve it are:

1. For the "Member List" to actually reflect who is currently in the room, like irc, and if they close the page, for them to be removed from the Member List within 30 seconds, rather than 15 minutes as it currently is.

2. For "Load All Messages" to be changed to something like "Load Last 100 Messages", and then they scroll up to the top again to load another 100, and so on.  Or other value set by the admin.

These could be admin options if people prefer the current approaches.

Thanks.

Tom Carlyle
Tom Carlyle Nov 21 '16
Another idea:

3. When a link is posted for it to be an active link that when clicked will open a new window or tab.

Tom Carlyle
Tom Carlyle Nov 23 '16
Oh also:

4. When Yoom is used with the Privacy plugin, the privacy options list Yoom as "yoom+privacy_action_view_my_yoom", which is rather untidy and not very descriptive.  So if a language string could be made available so that we can change the text to whatever we like.

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Nov 24 '16
Thanks Tom for your ideas. I will review each of them and get back to you.

Regards

Tom Carlyle
Tom Carlyle Dec 15 '16
Actually #3, active links, is already done and works well.  It just didn't seem to work on my localhost environment, so scratch that.

But another idea:

5. To have an announcement when a user enters or leaves the room.  Such as "Username has entered the room."

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 15 '16

Quote from Tom Carlyle Actually #3, active links, is already done and works well.  It just didn't seem to work on my localhost environment, so scratch that.

But another idea:

5. To have an announcement when a user enters or leaves the room.  Such as "Username has entered the room."

This is something I have considered as well. Have another user called 'bot' that will post activities of the room in the chatroom.

Example:

Bot: "$userNam created $chatroomName"

Bot: "$userName joined chatroom"

Bot: "$userName left chatroom"

etc...

Rob
Rob Aug 25 '17
Perhaps the option with a webcam at Chat.
The Video Chat plugins at the Oxwall store, create a lot of problems or do not work at all.
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 26 '17

Quote from Daydreams Exclusive Perhaps the option with a webcam at Chat.
The Video Chat plugins at the Oxwall store, create a lot of problems or do not work at all.

Hello, thanks for your feedback. Although this is quite a stretch (considering the initial specifications of the plugin), but I'm positive that a video chat integration is possible in the future.

To anyone else waiting for an update, it's coming! Just doing some tidying up here and there.

Thanks

Cesar Leiva
Cesar Leiva Aug 26 '17

So far this is the best wonderful oxwall chat system and excellent work Well my idea is if the unregistered visitors could enter the chat as a guest without a username and that so they can have a username they have to register themselves :) That is public for all ah that I mean but to be able to have a nickname they have to register there is serious wonderful And thanks to the developer for this great plugin <3 Sorry my english is not very good
The Forum post is edited by Cesar Leiva Aug 26 '17
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 26 '17
Hello, thanks for your contribution. At the moment, a public chatroom is being developed and an option to allow guest chat is considered.
Quote from Codebrono

So far this is the best wonderful oxwall chat system and excellent work Well my idea is if the unregistered visitors could enter the chat as a guest without a username and that so they can have a username they have to register themselves :) That is public for all ah that I mean but to be able to have a nickname they have to register there is serious wonderful And thanks to the developer for this great plugin <3 Sorry my english is not very good

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 30 '17

Build 4 is released today. You can update Yoom from your plugin dashboard.

# Version 1 (4)

- General chatroom

- Fixed missing language keys

- Introduction of Chatroom Bot.

- Chatroom owners can delete chatroom members.

- Admin can clear chatroom messages.

- Plugin translated to français & Russian.

Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
I have an extra feature that would be nice!

Sound of someone writing would be very nice as it is not always easy to keep track of what is going on in the chatroom at every time. This feature should be possible to turn on/off.

Having a notice in the top of the tab would also be nice, so that its still visible when surfing other tabs, and the computer sound is off.

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 31 '17
Nice one. Will be considered in future updates.

Thanks
Quote from Jonathan Hol I have an extra feature that would be nice!

Sound of someone writing would be very nice as it is not always easy to keep track of what is going on in the chatroom at every time. This feature should be possible to turn on/off.

Having a notice in the top of the tab would also be nice, so that its still visible when surfing other tabs, and the computer sound is off.

Jonathan Hol
Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
First of all I would like to say again that I really like this plugin. Its the very best option for having a chatroom at oxwall I believe.

But, the part about members of the chat getting emails is not really working. I dont get emails. This is a feature that is supposed to work right? or am I mixing up the plugins here? (im almost certain about there not being a issue with the cron since it seem to be working in most if not all other aspects of the site)

I would also like to be able to show at the front page how many online users there is in the chat, not members of each chat (whom might not be online). Since we actually only use one chatroom we dont need to show how many members we have in the chatroom. This is a bit confusing actually, it should show online members instead, or as a choice to choose members or online in the front page widget. We could use the public chat, but then again it does not have the email notification that seem to be an option.

The Forum post is edited by Jonathan Hol Aug 31 '17
Georg
Georg Oct 10 '17
My Idea:

- Chat History for all Rooms can Disabled (admin)

- Online User Count must Show by RoomName (Flirtroom (12 Users))

- Click on a User can open her Profil but with target _blank otherwise u leave the room :(

- Pay per Minute / Credits Support

- Sounds for Sending messages and Get Messages (with Option Enabled/Disabled)

- Ignore function for Users 

- RoomList with Online Users ( as sample Flirtroom(14) )

- Guests Can Enter Chatroom but cannot write

- Guests Cannot Enter a Room when Admin has Disabled enter for Guests and this Room

- 1 Member stay on all Rooms, so i think u must write Online users there and not Members..

- Links can clicked on chatroom and open a new tab

- Badwords (fa**ing)

- ChatBot can Write all x secounds some texts (informations or some other stuff)

- User can Upload Pictues with /picture http://url and this will show for all Users in the Room

hope any ideas will be possible!

The Forum post is edited by Georg Oct 10 '17
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Oct 11 '17
Hello,
Thanks for your suggestions. We will look into them during our future updates, however, most of them are already addressed.
Quote from Georg

- Online User Count must Show by RoomName (Flirtroom (12 Users))

- 1 Member stay on all Rooms, so i think u must write Online users there and not Members..

- Links can clicked on chatroom and open a new tab

- ChatBot can Write all x secounds some texts (informations or some other stuff)

- Click on a User can open her Profil but with target _blank otherwise u leave the room :(

- The users online count is already by group.

- 1 member does not stay in all rooms, unless you are actually a member of that room and currently on that room.

- Links can be clicked and opens in new tab.

- ChatBot already writes a lot of text and information. You are welcome to suggest more information to write.

- Click on user profile already opens her profile page.

secret
secret Nov 19 '17
Hello

I want to be able to upload a file in the chatroom.

And if someone write a chat, I can hear the notice sound like message plugin.

The Forum post is edited by secret Nov 19 '17
Pages: 1 2 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic