We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Call for questions. List anything you wanted to know about Oxwall in reply. | Forum

Aliya Team
Aliya Dec 5 '16
If all works well, we would like to deliver presentations on plugin development to members of Custom Dev. forum.

This is preliminary call for questions from developers or just regular users of this forum section.

List your questions in reply.

Thanks in advance.

dave Leader
dave Dec 5 '16
I would like to know more about the process of adding a plugin to the new SEO feature. I have been able to search and gather up some of the bits and pieces of code but have not put it all together yet.  I would like to learn how to do this for my plugins.

I also think we need to do a course on getting plugins mobile ready.  I am working on mine now, but i know alot of developers either dont do it because they dont know how or they are afraid to ask how.  I feel that with all the requests on the forum from users for mobile supported plugins, this would be a great idea.  That way developers have less excuses not to do so and more mobile ready plugins means more sales and more happy users. And that means more happy people using and bragging about Oxwall.

Im sure i can come up with more but lets take this one thing at a time :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 6 '16
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Dec 6 '16
+1 dave 
Aliya Team
Aliya Dec 7 '16
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
Aliya Team
Aliya Dec 7 '16
Thanks Dave.

If all goes well presentation on the topic bellow will be ready soon:

>>
I would like to know more about the process of adding a plugin to the new SEO feature. I have been able to search and gather up some of the bits and pieces of code but have not put it all together yet.  I would like to learn how to do this for my plugins.
>>

The Forum post is edited by Aliya Dec 7 '16
dave Leader
dave Dec 8 '16
Thanks so much Aliya for opening this door for us support wise, and also in showing everyone that what i have always said is true.. The wheels might turn slow at Oxwall but they do turn and things do happen when they can happen, and this is a great way to show this.  I feel this will be a great addition to the forum overall and lead to more worthwhile projects and new deveopers in the store. 

I think the lack of questions right now is that alot of store devs dont check this section or have not noticed it yet.  I cant get a message out to everyone (too many) but i will send a PM out to the 10 or so devs that i know of.  

The Forum post is edited by dave Dec 8 '16
Sprintally®
Sprintally® Dec 8 '16
+1 dave a plugin must have SEO options and it must be work with mobile site while core has a basic mobile version , without mobile friendly plugins mobile version is useless . i have seen many customers .. among all almost 85% of users are not using mobile version site just because many important plugins which are not developed for mobile site . 

also for theme developers .

individual theme master page require for some core pages [ join page , profile page , password reset page , maintenance page ] to build better theme for oxwall .

Regards

SPRINTALLY SOLUTIONS [ AZAHAR AHMED ]

The Forum post is edited by Sprintally® Dec 8 '16
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Well said Sprintally Solutions.

The way to go in on the mobile technology.

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 9 '16
Well said dave and Sprintally Solutions.

@Aliya, some of my biggest challenges in my early days was how to use Tags and form element SuggestField. Especially the SuggestField, it's rarely used on the platform.

I think they can be added to the Skeleton plugin.

The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Dec 9 '16
dave Leader
dave Jan 2 '17
Hi its been a few weeks, any update on this Aliya :)
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 4 '17
+1 To Dave & Sprintally Solutions
Yevhen
Yevhen Jan 7 '17
Hi! It would be nice to know how the CMS works with DB. Unfortunately I don't have time to learn PHP for 100% and check all the code. I'm working with Python + DB so I would like to build some daemons and plugins (maybe API) for oxwall. I'm working on github, so all my work can be used for free. I just need to know how (for example) the newsfeed works with DB, how the Video/Photo plugin works with DB etc.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 16 '17
Hello,

It would bee great if someone cloud create a guide how to install and setup you oxwall website at a google cloud platform server.

A video guide or a simple guide here at oxwall for do the basic setup.

I very much want to try google cloud platform ,i heard it is a great platform

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 16 '17
IntrigU
IntrigU Jan 17 '17
Question: When is the next update and what will be in it?
Dennis Haberschuss
Dennis Haberschuss Feb 8 '17
If I put an image in the newsfeed and I add a text with links every format of the text and the links are removed in the newsfeed, when I post it.

How can I change the system, so that the format and the links won't be removed?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Apr 19 '17

Quote from IntrigU Question: When is the next update and what will be in it?
I would like to know that same as many others.