We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

William Wall
William Wall Dec 20 '16
I recently started using oxwall for a neighborhood website.  The version is 1.8.4.  For some reason when the sign up button is clicked, it acts like it is loading but goes back to the same page which says "Sorry, site registration is closed".  I don't know if I accidentally checked/unchecked something in the settings.  I didn't even know it had quit working until a neighbor showed it to me on their tablet.

I have looked through everything on the admin pages but can't find anything that I could see would fix the problem.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I am very pleased with what I have seen so far.  It is a great piece of software and was very easy to set up and get going.  I just wish I hadn't inadvertently messed it up.

Thanks for your help...Bill 

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Dec 27 '16
Go to admin/settings/user settings under the privacy section at the bottom you have probably checked by invitation only. check everyone. Check mandatory approval if you want to approve members before they can use the site.
dave Leader
dave Jan 5 '17
Was this resolved?