We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PLEASE, I need Help! | Forum

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
I sent my server support team the list of requirements that was listed in this post and this is their reply,

All of the requirements were passed except the ModSecurity protection which was enabled for your hosting account. I have now disabled it as requested.

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
OK here is the file, i didnt see my ip in it, if there is info there i dont need to share let me know i will take the file down
The Forum post is edited by Graphkat Jan 8 '17
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
OK great... yes that phpinfo has alot of info init, just make sure you keep it secure by either changing permission on your special file, deleting it, or moving it above the public_html if you want to save it.  If someone from the outside sees that info they can fine holes in your configuration from that. 

Now that you know how to make one of those i recommend you just delete that file creation (if you made a file) you can always make another one. 

dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
you should not post that here. 
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
Yes deleted what i put in the config file and saved it back to norm, and deleted the file i posted...and saved the other, but yes says i have everything on that list needed for oxwall to run!
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
If you wanted to share that you could just do so via PM.  

Also open up a file like that or a code file using programming notepad, or notepad ++, (both are free to download) and then post it, that way it will be formated in the post if you choose to do so, no way we can follow that the way it is. 

Also never open or edit a code file using any kind of word editor, they have special characters and can corrupt your code files. Thats why we use one of those two programs because they are made for coding.   Also any time you copy code or anything from the net, always put it in notepad before you add it to your site for the same reason. 

dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
OK good so are you still getting errors in your log file

did you happen to notice on the phpinfo report what your actual php version was?

The Forum post is edited by dave Jan 8 '17
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
yes

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
5.6.24 version
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
OK, what is the error thats on your log now just one of them and no IP please or username.   And it needs to be current error today not an old one.  

Also do you have a error_log file in your domain root if its empty thats fine, if its not empty then edit it with file manager, select all delete, that way anything new will be new.  

Do the same with your ow_log folder error log file

now just keep an eye on those if they get anything in them let us know.   

So back to the cpanel log what is something that is in there now that is very current.

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
ok give me a tic
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
[08-Jan-2017 18:25:52 US/Central] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ReCaptcha has a deprecated constructor in /home/333333/public_html/ow_plugins/recaptcha/lib/recaptchalib.php on line 44

Ok this is from the error log in my domain root, and lots of them

I will clear that one out now
The Forum post is edited by Graphkat Jan 8 '17
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
So your using the recaptcha plugin, that one youll have to contact the plugin developer for as it is a third party plugin.   You should think about using my recaptcha one day, it includes the recaptcha new version as well as several other types of captcha all in one plugin. 

Im not saying that he did that plugin wrong, but he does include the whole library with his and if the library gets out of date you will get messages like that.  With mine i use recaptcha's API so i use their library they have on their server which they keep up to date, big difference. 

So yeah contact the developer and have him update his library in the plugin.  

Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
[Wed Sep 21 7:07:47 2016] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) File: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/database.php Line:226 Trace: [#0 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/database.php(256): OW_Database->__construct(Array) | #1 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/ow.php(239): OW_Database::getInstance(Array) | #2 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/base_dao.php(47): OW::getDbo() | #3 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(66): OW_BaseDao->__construct() | #4 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_dao.php(55): BOL_ConfigDao->__construct() | #5 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(69): BOL_ConfigDao::getInstance() | #6 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/config_service.php(58): BOL_ConfigService->__construct() | #7 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/config.php(51): BOL_ConfigService::getInstance() | #8 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/singleton.php(17): OW_Config->__construct() | #9 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/ow.php(176): OW_Config::getInstance() | #10 /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/ow.php(106): OW::getConfig() | #11 /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_core/ow.php(151): OW::detectContext() | #12 /home/xxxxxx/public_html/index.php(47): OW::getApplication() | #13 {main}]

This is the latest error in the ow_log error file which i did not know was there, so thats a good learn thank u, and i cleared that as well
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
OK lets see if that comes back, it looks like your host may have either reset the server or done something to change the connection at one time.  If that comes back find out from your host if they have done anything with the connection, if not let us know. 
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
[Sun Jan 08 21:46:20 2017] [error] [client xxxxxxxxxx] File does not exist: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/ow_static/themes/calibre/images/miniic_plus.png, referer: http://xxxxxxxx.net/

This is the latest error in my cpanel error log, which of course cant be cleared, that i know of
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
I am also getting errors with so many other plugins like that......forumpro linkspro,my theme, i have contacted the developer aron about this also, he says its my theme missing images, but when i follow the address in the error and look in the file of my themes images they are all there.......most of the plugins, even my sign up page and login sends errors back about not finding images.
Graphkat
Graphkat Jan 8 '17
[Sun Jan 08 21:46:20 2017] [error] [client xx] File does not exist: /home/xx/public_html/ow_static/plugins/shoppro/ext/tm-sprite.svg, referer: http://xx.net/

[Sun Jan 08 21:44:05 2017] [error] [client xx] File does not exist: /home/xx/public_html/ow_static/plugins/forumpro/themes/default/images/topic_unread_locked_mine.gif, referer: http://xxl.net/forumproe/70/i5cdo

[Sun Jan 08 21:35:54 2017] [error] [client xx] File does not exist: /home/xx/public_html/ow_static/plugins/shoppro/ask/modal-gloss.png, referer: http://xx.net/join

tons of them all the same day
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
Be sure that your ow_userfiles folder 777 permission recursive.  That means that the folder itself and everything inside it all the way down, everything... is 777  you can do so using filezilla or another ftp client, its easier that way, just choose recursive option on that folder 
dave Leader
dave Jan 8 '17
As far as aron goes, personally i think he is a hack and makes excuses and blames everyone but himself.  But thats just my take.   Your not the first one to have issues with his plugins.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »