We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Photos plugin causing site to break?? - Fixed | Forum

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Jan 23 '17
As of yesterday, I have had to disable the Photos plugin. I have disabled every other plugin and tried it again, but it still breaks the layout of the site. I am using the default layout offered by Oxwall, so I am unsure why an Oxwall plugin would break an Oxwall default packaged layout. I have tried what little troubleshooting I can think of and am at a loss.

Is anyone else having this problem? How do I fix this? This is an art site, so use of the Photo plugin is crucial to my members. Thanks! Error below which I am at a loss of its meaning...

The Forum post is edited by Elizabeth Jan 24 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 23 '17
Not seeing that on my live site, or on my test site.

Make sure you don't have debug set to true in oxwall / includes / config.php. at the bottom of the page. These messages sometimes display when debug is set to true. If everything is set as it should be, try it with the default theme. Also make sure the plugin version is compatible with your platform version. Some have tried using the latest plugins on older platforms.

During normal site operation the three at the bottom should always be set to false. The only ones you ever work with are the three at the bottom of the page, and never set dev mode, and debug mode to true at the same time.

if ( defined('OW_CRON') )
{
    define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);
    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);
}
else
{
    /**
    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode
    */

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);
    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);
}
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Jan 24 '17
Thank you Darryl B. I did have debug set to true and fixed that. However the problem still persists. I stripped my site down to just the Oxwall plugins and still have this issue. I continued to strip the plugins until Photo worked. Newsfeed and Photo are conflicting with each other. I have updated neither since the last platform update, and I have changed nothing since the last platform update (no updates, no new plugins, no layout changes, etc). I am at a loss why the two are in conflict suddenly and causing only one or the other to work at a time. Any suggestions?

The error with debug off and photo and newsfeed active is

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

This is displayed on a blank white page.
The Forum post is edited by Elizabeth Jan 24 '17
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Jan 24 '17
Also I should note it only affects pages with the newsfeed active on it. With Photo and Newsfeed on, members can access every page but their personal newsfeed channel and the main page of the site - both with the Newsfeed plugin on them. Any other page is still accessible and working to include groups so long as the wall is used and not newsfeed.
Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer Jan 24 '17

Hi Elizabeth!

You have a beautiful website.

The error is telling you that a null value was passed to the Photos plugins and that's why it is crashing the photos plugin, it seems that the problem is in the newsfeed.

Maybe a photoId is missing in an newsfeed item.
Did you edited or removed anything directly to the database?Do you have the default newsfeed plugin made by oxwall software or another third party newsfeed?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Jan 24 '17
Hello and thank you. I have the default newsfeed plugin by Oxwall and have not removed anything from the database. Is it possible someone could delete something from the newsfeed and it cause this? Or is something in the newsfeed that shouldn't be there?
Quote from Senior Developer

Hi Elizabeth!

The error is telling you that a null value was passed to the Photos plugins and that's why it is crashing the photos plugin, it seems that the problem is in the newsfeed.

Did you edited or removed anything directly to the database?Do you have the default newsfeed plugin made by oxwall software or another third party newsfeed?

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Jan 24 '17
Your comment gave me an idea and it worked. I removed completely the newsfeed and reinstalled it. Everything works again despite losing all the previous feed activity. I am just happy I didn't have to do that to the photos lol. OMG the drama that would have caused! The newsfeed nerf is easily worked with and will repopulate quickly! Thank you for your help! <3
Quote from Senior Developer

Hi Elizabeth!

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jan 24 '17
Glad you got it.

Thanks SD for jumping in.