We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support questions - Oxwall CS FAQ | Forum

Amar Mahallat
Amar Mahallat Aug 28 '13
I just bought the FAQ plugin (ocsfaq) from Oxwall Candystore and uploaded it. This is what the plugin settings page looks like (see screenshot) when used in Skadate Lite.

Is it a compatibility issue or?
Attachments:
  ocsfaq.jpg (78.62Kb)
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Aug 28 '13
Amar,
It seems that you have a default language other than english. You need to translate all missing keys for this plugin to your language
Amar Mahallat
Amar Mahallat Aug 28 '13
Quote from Oxwall CandyStore Amar,
It seems that you have a default language other than english. You need to translate all missing keys for this plugin to your language

Thanks. That solved it :)
Boris Duric
Boris Duric Dec 19 '13
Quote from Oxwall CandyStore Amar,

I would like to keep English and other languages. Is it possible that the questions and answers appear multilingual?thank you
Omari
Omari Feb 15 '14
Hi i marked 3 questions as featured and have 3 questions total. I am not seeing the widget on index page nor in the customize section.
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Feb 15 '14
Omari,
You may try deactivating the plugin and then activating it back to see if the widget appears
Omari
Omari Feb 15 '14
i tried this and nothing...also on installation complete it draws a blank page with no successful install message
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Feb 15 '14
Omari,
please send more details about your issue via PM (site url, what Oxwall version you are using)
Guido
Guido Jun 4 '14
Doesn't work with Oxwall 1.6!!!
You can click no link!!!
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jun 4 '14
Hello Guido,

Please provide more details about the issue and a link to your website where you have our plugin installed.
We tested the plugin and it works for Oxwall 1.6, here is the demo - http://plugins.oxcandystore.com/faq
Guido
Guido Jun 6 '14
For me it doesn't work!!! Can't add questions because the button "add questions" doesn't work!
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jun 6 '14
It seems that you are testing another FAQ plugin (http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/124) so you need to contact another developer for that
robi782
robi782 Oct 23 '14

Quote from Oxwall CandyStore It works this way:
1. You install the plugin
2. Add some questions & answers in plugin configuration page
3. This will add a link "FAQ" in footer menu. Click this to see how your FAQ page look like
4. If you mark some of your questions as 'featured' your users will see a widget with these questions on index page
5. Drink coffee
6. Profit!

PS: if you do not know what are FAQs please read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FAQ
1. can i set the menu point on left site to or only in footer?

2. Can i put Video FAQ into the answer?

Greetings and thx

The Forum post is edited by robi782 Oct 23 '14
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Oct 26 '14

Quote from robi782 1. can i set the menu point on left site to or only in footer?
2. Can i put Video FAQ into the answer?
1. Yes, you can move menu link from footer to main menu
2. Yes, video embedding is supported
The Chauffeur
The Chauffeur Dec 25 '14
I've purchased the plugin a few hours ago and downloaded build 8001 but how do I find the licence key to update to build 8500?
Megan
Megan May 21 '15
I just installed this plug in on 1.7.3. It doesn't seem to allow me to modify the question.  It only gives me an option to modify the answer.  How then would you modify a question?
Oxwall CandyStore
Oxwall CandyStore Jun 13 '15

Quote from Megan I just installed this plug in on 1.7.3. It doesn't seem to allow me to modify the question.  It only gives me an option to modify the answer.  How then would you modify a question?

You just need to click on a question and a language edit popup will open
Michele
Michele Sep 15 '15
Hi I just bought

1) I was loving this on desktop but it seems this is in no way compatible with mobile responsive themes?  I really Need to keep the contents sidebar for a quick index.

I loovee this and NEEEED :) it to look just as good on my mobile responsive theme too (it's jumbled and messy right now)...  Is there some way the contents could be programmed to go above everything on mobile, and not to the side?

2)
Any way this format could be updated for use on multiple pages? (2 or more) Say if I wanted to use this format for 1) the about page (history, design, etc etc) and 2) a donate/ help website page... with lots of sections/ questions about our websites needs

Thanks and many blessings! :)

Georg
Georg Jan 2 '16
Hello Oxwall CandyStore, i think for the next update we need seo friendly urls for the FAQ Plugin!

false: /faq#q-1

right: /faq/text-for-faq-title

i hope, u can handle this and u know what i mean :) 

Thanks for ur greatful plugin!

Robert
Robert May 11 '16
hi I bought plugin but the interface doesn't look anything like your example
Pages: « 1 2 3 »
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic