We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Shaun
Shaun Jun 15 '17
Just received the following message from facebook via email

v2.3 Upgrade Reminder

Your App, **********, currently has access to Graph API v2.3 which will reach the end of its 2-year lifetime on 10 July, 2017. To ensure a smooth transition, please migrate all calls to Graph API v2.4 or higher. Use the API Upgrade Tool to understand exactly how this change will impact your app.

Note:If you do not see any impacted calls in the API Upgrade Tool, your app/code may not be affected by this upgrade.

Visit our changelog to see the full list of changes in all Graph API versions.

You can view this and other Developer Notifications related to your app, in the App Dashboard.

Does the app need updating?

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jun 15 '17
Lol...looks like the app soon need update? 

i did use facbook connect in start but later i did understand that what BIG issue i would have in future if suddenly facebook stops this or the plugin stops works.

i have inactivate facebook connect just for this uncertain future reason so i not loosing 500000 angry users one day ......but i can bee wrong maybe this feature will always working.....who knows :)

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jun 15 '17
Shaun
Shaun Jun 16 '17
I am still keeping my fingers crossed for an update but I am thinking due to the nature of my site facebook connect could be putting people off anyway.
Igor
Igor Jun 20 '17
I had an app that after request for update did not work anymore. Had to remove and create a new.