We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

News Feed errors | Dashboard error 500 | Main page error 500 (nearly Solved) | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 18 '17

it looks like you database is not default state as it should bee.

Again i will advice you to make a new clean install and that includes to remove you old database.

do you have many members?

Igor
Igor Jul 18 '17
I was thinking it's pretty hopeless, but it's an amazing day today - heavens blessed me by sending a true Oxwall developer via UpWork.

My issues were for the moment fixed without any losses. Now it's a matter to find out why am I among very few having these issues on all installations.

Issues was eventually at the mysql db, registering links under wrong "entityType". It should have "group-status" or "group etc" - instead sometimes it's being filled with a link description instead of proper entityType.

Not sure how does it go wrong only sometimes and how to modify the code to function better. If I manage completely eliminating this issue, I can provide Oxwall with the fixed code for overall update (not sure how it works here with open source).

Anyhow, I'm very happy that I can stay with Oxwall and don't have to think about alternatives, although sometimes it seemed as dead end.

Persistence often pays off.
Cheers mates, hope it helps someone being stuck like me.
The Forum post is edited by Igor Jul 18 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 18 '17

Quote from OW-Ghost

it looks like you database is not default state as it should bee.

Again i will advice you to make a new clean install and that includes to remove you old database.

do you have many members?

Hi OW-Ghost,

You're right, something is wrong with db registering some entries.
I did truncate newsfeed several times, but it's not a solution - each week or two groups and newsfeed are starting from scratch.

For the moment it doesn't have many users and I'm glad it's so, bcz initial testing period always has surprises and when massive amounts of new users face access errors issues, it won't be soon when they will give that website a 2nd chance.

I'm in my beta testing period + taking a while to fill it with info, I'm using Oxwall as SEO tool to promote my websites for SERP. While regularly sharing I can learn all the bugs and keep filling it getting ready for indexation.
Shaun
Shaun Jul 19 '17
Glad you got it sorted.

This is why we need an official ocwall developer on the site.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 19 '17

A clean install should not give this errors if you server did have all requirements when you was install the software.

Anyways you did solve it so that is good news :)

Igor
Igor Jul 19 '17

Quote from Shaun Glad you got it sorted.

This is why we need an official ocwall developer on the site.
Thanks, completely agree

Quote from OW-Ghost

A clean install should not give this errors if you server did have all requirements when you was install the software.

Anyways you did solve it so that is good news :)

Thanks, you're right, but all my installations have same issues and they're all clean installs.
Siteground is a known company and after several investigations and tries they told me that it has purely a software issue.
I really wonder what causes these errors, hope to find out eventually.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 19 '17
I am surprised that no one asked what php version you are running. If it is php 7.0, it can cause issues. The last approved php version for Oxwall is php 5.6. Php 7.0 has worked okay for some according to some posts, but it has been the root of issues, and errors for others.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 20 '17
php7 works on siteground shared hosting with no issues i can confirm that and i checked all error logs recently.

i try figure out why some says they have issues with php7 but i was not get any reply back.

skadate have confirmed to me in they support area that php7 works fine with they software.

they who not have php7 i suggest they update.

BUT when you update to php7 make sure your cron job have the right cron command for php7 i have one cron command for php5.6 and one cron job command for php7

If my site was get any faster with php7 i can not tell it need to bee tested to bee sure i did not notice very much different when it comes to speed but i think it is much more safe to use php7

still very strange that you have issues with a clean install. the only thing i can imagine is either the software you install is corrupted or the process when install is wrong or the server requirements is missing. 

OW-Ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 20 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 20 '17
As stated; there are some that have reported being able to use php 7.0, but at the same time, there are recent posts where the host set the account up on php 7.0, and that was causing them to have errors. When they switched to php 5.6 the errors went away. What I am saying is that, if there are multiple errors, the first things to check are if the server requirements are met; including the approved php version that is listed among those requirements.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 21 '17
I understand Darryl

But it is now confirmed from skadate support recently that php7 works fully and it is same TEAM that handle oxwall software and there is not much different from skadate and oxwall.

Again i can not understand they who have problems with php7.

You should test it Darryl and tell me if you did have any issues?

All other servers requirements is need on the list agree on that fully but php7 works fine.

I can confirm that and skadate support can confirm that.

I think they will wait for next release to make it public but it works right now with no issues.

I have many plugins from the store and i was thinking same you Darryl to use only php 5.6 because someone on this forum like to write php7 not works??? BUT then suddenly when i talk with skadate support they tell me why i not have php7 installed we have now confirmed from our end that latest oxwall core fully support php7 so i was very supprised and in 10 minutes i was install php7 on my host and yes they was correct everything was working fine and no errors at all in my error logs

BUT you can always wait for they change the text in the server requirements in next oxwall core release...but i see no reason doing that when it is confirmed it works from skadate team

OW-Ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 21 '17
Igor
Igor Jul 22 '17
I thought it's possible that my errors are related to Cyrillic language that I use, because this could be an only deviation from most other users that do not have this issue, but it seems not.

I just an error for a post in English which included an apostrophe ' - it converted it '
It happens several times like that then the Error 500 is coming.

Any ideas why do I get such bad ass issues?
The Forum post is edited by Igor Jul 22 '17
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jul 22 '17
500 is server issues....have you created a php file that i told you for see all your php modules that you use at your server and other requirements you can see there to
The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jul 22 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 22 '17
This post explains how to create, and access the phpinfo.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/47677
James Walter
James Walter Jan 1
we pride ourselves on being able to fix any problem you may have. New Rochelle Towing Company
Pages: « 1 2