We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Rich Media Issues | Forum

Dr Saiyas
Dr Saiyas Aug 4 '17
On my website, which is version 1.8.4, I've been having several rich media issues. 

First, the Photo section on the front page does not display thumbnails. Every now and again it does for unknown reasons, but that's always short lived.

Second, I cannot add videos to the video section. When I try using embed code, it sends me to the http://mydomain.com/video/add/index/ but it's a 403 Forbidden page.

Next, video links in the comments second are incapable of being posted. It tries to make a preview, fails, and then the comment gets stuck in limbo. This ultimately causes the comment to not show up. I do not have Rich Media disabled.

This is extremely frustrating as I've never experienced these issues with any other installs of Oxwall.

Dr Saiyas
Dr Saiyas Aug 8 '17
For anyone following this thread, I was able to come up with a solution for the photo section part. I noticed that the thumbnails were visible temporarily whenever I clicked the save button while customizing the front page module. So, what I did was I opened my web console/inspector to see what CSS differences there were. It looked the CSS for .ow_photo_item_widget wasn't showing up normally, so I added it to the custom CSS section in the theme editor.

As for the video issues, those are still there. I may have to go digging around in the php to figure out what's going on. Any devs want to point me in the right direction? I don't mind doing the hard parts, I just need to know where to start digging.

Dr Saiyas
Dr Saiyas Aug 11 '17
UPDATE: I found the problem by digging deeper into the support forums. 

The answer is here: https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/11313

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Aug 14 '17
Thank you Saiyas for sharing with the community. Others may find it useful.