We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Fake members appearing on website | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Feb 18 '13
I also saw mention of this program being used for oxwall 

http:///...special-offer-4.html

Oxwall Accessories
Captcha Sniper X2 has been released!

Here's whats new ...

Main CS Interface
=============
'use captcha platfrom' is gone and is automatically detected. This means that you can now use apps such as GSA SER which support this feature at the same time as apps which have not yet integrated this feature. You will just need to select the captcha types for apps which do not yet support it.

Save Settings on Exit. This will save your settings between sessions.

Let CS try to solve unknown captchas - this feature will attempt to solve unknown captcha types and use the existing algorithm set when sizes match up. You will still have the ability to receive 'unknown' for types that do match sizes for existing algorithms. In addition a generic algorithm was introduced handle monochrome / black and white captchas.

Fixed bug with - Input past end of file

Installer now installs VC++ runtimes
Installer now sets the correct compatability and permissions
Installer makes a backup of your existing database in the backup folder
Installer now prompts to launch CS after install

New Hardcoded Captchas
===================
New Wordpress Captcha
Oxwall 
SiteSift
ClipShare - Same algo as ArticleMS .. just a different size

Captcha Platform Mappings
====================
These are existing algorithms that did not have the captcha platform mapped yet:

Baistu Guestbook to new wordpress captcha + user defined
PHP Fusion to new wordpress captcha + user defined
GetBoo
Yabb
blogetery.com
dolphin
lifetype
typepad
b2evolution

Captcha Destruction Kit
==================
Character Set - is now a text box that you can free-form edit how you like. So you are not limited to the entire set of Upper Case, Lower Case, Numeric and Symbols. Narrowing down the character set will greatly improve your success rates.

Use Sample Answers - this allows you to specifically define a set of possible characters based on the correct answers you have entered.

Enter your own ImageMagick Command - this allows you to go beyond the built in ImageMagick commands:ImageMagick: Command-line Tools: Convert
the format is: -[command] [argument]
Example:
-blur 0x1
guestbook1

Fixed bug when importing databases (where the same # was used)

New/Updated CDK Captchas
=====================
WebPronews
she.is
YAD
Article Friendly
slideshare.net
updated blogspot.es to new algo by Giorgsky
DedeEIMS
write2me.nl
Xoops
mylinkvault
alivenotdead.com
Additional link bid script
Additional mename
Additional maxibook
New AkoBook
New vShare
New General Blogs (2)
New PHPBookmark

To install:
=======
Download the new version here: Thanks for your order! | Captcha Sniper - De Captcha Solving Software. Delete everything except for the .lic and .mdb file and reinstall in the same folder 
Oxwall Accessories
put a stop to it Bob! I have faith in your ability to do this. If not you then surely oxwall can do something about this. 
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 18 '13
I have already done something thank you you confirmed something that you may not have realized it concerns a panama company offering protection against US law. Thank you and by the way there is laws against spamming its not to do with open source. Its totally a different legal issue. But a very interesting one. But I can not say any more.     
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 18 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
No i will not put a stop to anything I was asked to give proof about something. I will do this is more of a serious issue than you may think. It involves US law and international law. The guy that's been spamming will be traced.  
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Oxwall could have done this a long time ago.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
The CIA will be eventually involved
Oxwall Accessories
Crazy stuff. 
Oxwall Accessories
Quote from Paul Cuffe I dont wish to see my name or plugins get dragged into arguments like this anymore, i work hard on my plugins and apart from the very very few, i keep them FREE for all to use!

Touche'  Thats all I have been trying to say here the whole time. If you dont like the plugin then dont use it.  The cia stuff was about the people spamming our sites.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
I am not talking about the plugins but its exactly to do with the spam it self and where most of these idiots have their domains protected. Its got rather interesting it is in the CIA's hands.

I am still determined to find the spam agent.  
The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Feb 18 '13
Joe
Joe Mar 23 '13
Block Russia and China from your sites in the htaccess and that will solve most of the problems.
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 23 '13
How comes my sites are totally spam free?

We can argue about spam all day long, but in the end we have only one spam bot the auto default avatar spammer causing all the pain, the manual spammers are so easily to manage. Just a matter of adding a few required questions stops the auto bots. It does not matter how active your site is the auto bot can be stopped with out IP checking. If you have time the manual spammers are just as easy to stop and folks we are not talking about facebook or some other big social communities site. Just having a default newbie role with no option of publishing so you can inspect all new registrations prior giving them full use of your site works well. I have clients with active sites using these principles and they are spam free.

Lets not blow the spam thing out of proportion even sites with 5000 - 10,000 users can use one or both of two methods above with out to much work involved handling up to 50 or so new members per day or more is not really such a problem most Oxwall site will not have so much normal registration activity going on in my opinion. Once the spam bot is stopped it purely a breeze to stop the manual spammers. I also have much proof that is so. 

However some other methods have been put forward to Oxwall, I am working on a new one and at the end of the day more tools should be handy such as questions with set answers question type, image question type that do not see the need for IP blocking the later having many problems unfortunately. Even checking mac addresses of computers and hard drive is to disk bulky and would cause cron hungry problems. But it is really up to Oxwall to sit back and think about giving us more options to add stopping spam basically its the profile question types in my opinion that are the key to the problem.   

The Forum post is edited by Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 23 '13
Bob (Coder Whacker)
Bob (Coder Whacker) Mar 24 '13
I like the idea, going by your description I think it will offer a great help in eradicating spam.    
Alia Team
Alia Mar 25 '13
Topic was moved from Bug reports and troubleshooting.
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Mar 29 '13
Hello Folks, i have been checking my web stats and suddenly one of my files jumped to over 17,000 downloads this month. I knew this wasnt right so checked it out. It seems it is coming from moldova and their website looks oxwall based to me...Could the spammer use a certain file to access your website and create an account...

Anybody come across: host-static-212-0-220-22.moldtelecom.md

Richard Carr
Richard Carr Mar 29 '13
It was a personal file that i had uploaded myself to a sub-domain but the file is visible on my main site. My site publishes a magazine that can be downloaded and it was the latest issue that has all the 'hits'. I checked this through webaliser in cpanel. I dont know if this helps in any way or why they would be wanting to use this file but thought it strange that it was all from one location/site etc...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7