We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Login Problem | Forum

Lars Nitzsche
Lars Nitzsche Sep 10 '17
Hello,
i have a login problem. When i try to login with my admin or user account i return to the login page without error message. I looked in /ow_log/error.log and found this line in the file:[Sun Sep 10 7:42:02 2017] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: ProxyFS Open Session connect failed: -146 (Connection refused) File: /htdocs/ow_core/session.php Line:65. I tryed different browsers but the result is the same. Nothing was changed on the installation.
Can anyone help?

JB TECH
JB TECH Sep 17 '17

Quote from Lars Nitzsche Hello,
i have a login problem. When i try to login with my admin or user account i return to the login page without error message. I looked in /ow_log/error.log and found this line in the file:[Sun Sep 10 7:42:02 2017] [ow_core_log] [Warning] Message: ProxyFS Open Session connect failed: -146 (Connection refused) File: /htdocs/ow_core/session.php Line:65. I tryed different browsers but the result is the same. Nothing was changed on the installation.
Can anyone help?

Can you go into ow_includes/config.php and at the bottom set "DEBUG_MODE" to 'true'? Then you should be able to see more descriptive reports about the possible issue. Clearly, you have something wrong with server configuration or installation setup because you can't get the system to establish a user session.
Lars Nitzsche
Lars Nitzsche Sep 18 '17
Thank you for your answer. I have now found that the server always responds to the POST of the registration data with status 301. I guess that is due to the enforcement of https by my provider.
Lars Nitzsche
Lars Nitzsche Sep 22 '17
I found the problem. The default path for session.save_path was no longer accessible. An adjustment has fixed the problem.