We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Virtual Gift Not showing selected Gift | Forum

Swinginpdx
Swinginpdx Nov 4 '17
So this may be a CSS issue with the Ethos Theme, although not sure exactly.  I did post this to the Ethos forum about 10 days ago without a response, so I figured I would check here.

When trying to send a Virtual Gift, it does not show which gift is selected when clicking on it.  Basically, I click on a gift and hit send, although it does not show which gift I selected to send.  The addon works.  The gift I click last is always the one that gets sent.  For me that is not that big of a deal, although for a user, they can't tell if it is working until after they hit the send button.  I have tried both the Ethos light and dark responsive themes and it is the same issue on both of them.  I want to stick with the light, though.

Basically, I just want to know how to get the "gift" chosen to be highlighted somehow.

Any ideas?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 5 '17
There is a fix for this. It is partly the plugin. The plugin has code for it, and is calling for the image ic_ok.png. Not all themes have this image included. The Simplicity theme has a ic_ok.svg image in the themes images folder, and has css to use that one to show the check mark when the gift is selected.

Here's one way to fix it.
1. Go to Oxwall / includes / and open the config.php
 a. at the bottom of the page; find "Dev Mode". Change this from false to true, and click save.
2. Go to ow_themes / simplicity / images, and copy the ic_ok.svg image to your theme's images folder.
3. Go to ow_plugins / virtual gifts / views / components, and open send_gifts.htm
 a. on line 15 change top from 8px to 0px.
 b. on line 16 change left from 8px to 0px.
 c. on line 19 change ic_ok.png to ic_ok.svg
 d. click save.
4. Go to your site, and refresh the page. This will load your changes.
5. Go back to the config.php file, and change Dev Mode back to False, and click save.

Note. Once the plugin is corrected all you need to do is copy the ic_ok.svg image into any theme's images folder that doesn't have it.

This will revert back with any theme, or virtual gift plugin update. The theme dev can add their own image, and css to address this as well. I will be doing this in my themes.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B Nov 5 '17
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 5 '17
Here's another solution that may be easier, if you aren't comfortable changing files.

Add this to the custom css for the theme in the admin panel. This will change the background color when the gift is selected.

With the theme active go to admin / appearance / customize, and open the css tab. You will see an empty box under the main css box. Click save after you add the following. You can change the color below to whatever you need to suit the theme.

.ow_gift_templates .ow_gift_checked {
    top: 0px !important;
    left: 0px !important;
    width: 100% !important;
    height: 100% !important;
    background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2);
}
Swinginpdx
Swinginpdx Nov 5 '17
Thank you so much.  I have not had time to try the first suggestion.  I am sure that will look a bit more professional.  I did your second suggestion and it worked perfectly.  I have been trying to figure this out for two weeks.  I really do appreciate your help.
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Nov 5 '17
Glad it worked. I'm glad I seen this post. My themes didn't have the image either. I added a Fontawesome solution on my themes. The way the plugin is set up is that when you click the gift; it places a check mark in the top left corner. Mine will now show the check mark.
kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 20 '23
If you choose to use stamps, you are able to recreate the popular look of some of the most sought after materials such as cobblestone, brick, and field stone. Aliso Viejo Pro Concrete & Masonry