We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

post 1.0.1 update issues | Forum

Michael Leader
Michael Jan 22 '11
I have 2 major issues after updating to 1.0.1 and the relevant plugin updates.1: Line Break missing in forumsWhen someone is composing a forum

I have 2 major issues after updating to 1.0.1 and the relevant plugin updates.

1: Line Break missing in forums

When someone is composing a forum the line breaks are missing causing them to be unformatted and hard to read. I haven't tested this for commenting or pvt messaging.

2: PVT messaging, when pressing the send button the window doesn't go away. Sometimes the message has been sent, sometimes not. Confusing the members.

I consider these functions crucial to my site and would love you to work your magic again and correct either with a minor code change or plugin update?

This message was done using the"

" code for the line breaks. Just pushing return int he forum post doesn't create the line break.

Michael Leader
Michael Jan 22 '11
This is a post on a forum without using html code. I will press return each line.Second sentence, new line.3rd Sentence, new line. You can see the formatting for line break has gone.
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 22 '11
Formatting in pvt messaging doesnt seem to be affected.
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 22 '11
Formatting HAS been affected in photo commenting.
Crystal
Crystal Jan 23 '11
I too find this issue and am using the 1.0.1 stable version.
Den Team
Den Jan 24 '11
Hello guys!Regarding new lines, we will fix it in all plugins with upcoming update. All you'll need to do is to update core version. Regarding PM, Michael, would you send me PM with your latest FTP details please?
The Forum post is edited by Den Jan 24 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 24 '11
PM'd I have another site as well doing the same! And it did it on a test site I built! if that's any help.
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 25 '11
I noticed there was no forum update there...
Still having the line break issue.
(pvt message box thing works a treat though)
And yea, I am pretty sure you are aware, blogs broke the sites! Hats off to you. Coming in each day to problems! I would be mad by now!
Den Team
Den Jan 25 '11
Don't be mad Michael :) Situation is under control. We have released new version of core (1.0.3) and some plugins (blogs, videos, mailbox, forum and etc). All you need to do is update all of them to the latest version from admin panel. We have fixed line breaks in 1.0.3, all mailbox issues.
Stay up to date and your site will work well.
Do you see any update requests in your admin panel?
PM me, if you have any problems with that. (please, include ftp and admin details)
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 26 '11
Nah, cant be mad at you lot! I am already at 1.0.3 and was updated to the point of all OK. I see a new core update and plugins. I will try again…
Michael Leader
Michael Jan 26 '11
talking poop. updated site n plugins all ok
Den Team
Den Jan 27 '11
Good :)
Krate
Krate Jun 18 '23

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing after the update. It seems like the line breaks are missing in forums, making them difficult to read, and the private messaging window doesn't close after sending a message, causing confusion. These functions are important for your site, and you're hoping for a Melin solution through a code change or plugin update. I recommend reaching out to the support team or developers to address these concerns and find a resolution.