We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

**IDEAS** About Site Search - Site Search | Forum

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Dec 15 '17

Site Search is an Oxwall site-wide console search with auto-suggestion and the ability to save user search terms. The plugin provides users with a quick access to a compact customizable site search form on the console area.

Users searches are uniquely stored on the database. Users will be able to see their saved search terms on the search result page.

As an admin, you can:

- Choose to use a site icon or a search box.

- Configure search autofill to show suggest website content or user's saved terms.

- Choose from various icon styles.

- Configure users role authorizations.

As a user, you will be able to search:

- Newsfeed contents

- Photos

- Videos

- Groups

- Blogs

- Chatrooms

- Users

- Events

- Forum

- More

KEY FEATURES

- Search results sorted in the order of date.

- Fuzzy matching: match partial words, if complete words don’t match. 

- Find documents matching either just one search term (OR query) or require all words to appear (AND query).

- Search newsfeed, blogs, events, videos, photos, etc

- Multilingual.

In the future, we are looking to add the possibility of admins to select plugins to search.

Do you have ideas on how to improve Site Search? Please share with us :)
The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Dec 15 '17
Sarachem
Sarachem Jan 12 '18
Hi Obasi,

I suggest the ability to delete search terms from
RECENT SEARCHES

one by one or clear all

also i suggest to disable search history functionality in admin settings, for sites with limited DB size, for example

also i suggest navigation stright to search general page by right-click on search icon, it will be useful a lot, because now i need to enter anything in search string, and if enter nothing or 1 symbol i get error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9048792 bytes) in /home/strtal/domains/mydomain.net/public_html/ow_core/database.php on line 415

maybe it will be useful to put regular error message without fatal

The Forum post is edited by Sarachem Jan 12 '18
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Jan 12 '18
Thanks Sarachem,

I will review each of this suggestion for consideration in the next update.

Once again, Thanks.

Sarachem
Sarachem Jan 12 '18
Oh i see thats is no search results from Forum, but functionality is announced... Or its just a problem with search crawling?
Paul
Paul Apr 10 '18
I thought it work with the forum plugin, but it doesn. 

There no line of code to suppoert the forum search

Paul
Paul Apr 10 '18
It took me 2 hours expand this plugin for forum search, but the general code of the developer is clean and nice.

Site Search with Forum Search

Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Apr 10 '18
Hello Paul,

Quote from Paul It took me 2 hours expand this plugin for forum search, but the general code of the developer is clean and nice.

Site Search with Forum Search

I see you found a way to add the forum search on your website. Nicely done :)

Initially, the forum feature was included but removed during the version 1 release due to some glitches. I'm currently working on it as well as enabling admin to choose between plugins.

Jason
Jason Jun 27 '18
Is it possible to add search words from profiles?  Example, If a user is looking for "roller skating" that another user put in their text of the profile, can site search pull that?
This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic