We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin Issue & Suggestions - Virtual Butler Alfred | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Dec 20 '17
Hi there,

1) ISSUE

I just bought your plugin for my website https://www.myvirgo.info but i noticed it only shows on the homepage as a widget :(
Can you please make it to also show on these pages as well as a widget :

* User Dashboard
* User Profile

Reason being i don't have a homepage on my site so i can't use the plugin.

2) SUGGESTION

* When can i edit the link(s) you have on the plugin like "View Forum Topic" and put a custom link ?
* If you don't have that can you make it possible because i don't have a Forum plugin installed but have other similar plugins where i would want to user when clicking "View Forum Topic" they are taken to a custom link
Regards
The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Dec 20 '17
Sumate
Sumate Dec 20 '17
Excuse me for delaying to answer. It is possible to see the butler in DASHBOARD and USER PROFILE. The other that he asked me is a little more complex but I will try it when he has a little more time. We are in a complicated date. the update.Greetings
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Dec 22 '17
Hi Sumate,

Thanks it worked...I'm loving it :)

Will wait for you regarding the other changes that you said will take time.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Dec 22 '17
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Dec 23 '17
Another suggestion Sumate,

Also allow your plugin to use oxwall variable like {$user_name} to use withing the plugin on custom tips like.

Hey there {$user_name}, welcome back

This would be great please :)

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jun 10 '18
Hi there,

Any updates on these especially the above request with the {$user_name} issue ?

Steve
Steve Jun 10 '18
Okay this works and to prove it you can see the pic at the end of this post. but do this to achive what you want.

PUTTING USERNAME IN NEWSFEED

You can do this in /ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/UpdateStatus.php
Just a correction.. Its update_status.php actually.
Change the below line $field->setInvitation( OW::getLanguage()->text('newsfeed', 'status_field_invintation') );
to
$userName = BOL_UserService::getInstance()->getDisplayName(OW::getUser()->getId());$field->setInvitation( OW::getLanguage()->text('newsfeed', 'status_field_invintation',array('userName'=>$userName)) );
And then in your language page, change text for the keystatus_field_invintation.
What’s happening? to What’s happening {$userName}?

Attachments:
  example.jpg (172Kb)
JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 10 '18

Seems he needs to render the variable as displayed information in the text string. This is the general Oxwall code for it:

$language = OW::getLanguage();

$language->text("pluginkey", "lang_key", array('user_name'=>$var));

You still need to call it as well to actually display.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Nov 5 '18
Hi Jake,

The developer says he no longer committed to this project or rather plugin but says i can make changes to my liking to his plugin. Any ideas of where i would do this for my desired results to take ?
Quote from Jake - JB TECH Oxwall Support

Seems he needs to render the variable as displayed information in the text string. This is the general Oxwall code for it:

You still need to call it as well to actually display.

Webster Molaudi
Hey Steve,

Thanks a lot it worked like a charm
Quote from Steve Okay this works and to prove it you can see the pic at the end of this post. but do this to achive what you want.

Change the below line $field->setInvitation( OW::getLanguage()->text('newsfeed', 'status_field_invintation') );
to
$userName = BOL_UserService::getInstance()->getDisplayName(OW::getUser()->getId());$field->setInvitation( OW::getLanguage()->text('newsfeed', 'status_field_invintation',array('userName'=>$userName)) );
And then in your language page, change text for the keystatus_field_invintation.

Sumate
Sumate Nov 5 '18

Quote from Webster Molaudi Hey Steve,

Thanks a lot it worked like a charm
Quote from Steve Okay this works and to prove it you can see the pic at the end of this post. but do this to achive what you want.

to

How good that you solved Webster Molaudi. Maybe in another occasion he adds changes. At the moment I can not. Greetings to all. Have a good day.
Webster Molaudi
Hi Sumate,

The status Update worked but as per above i waiting for Jake's answer on where i can make those changes....or have any ideas or rather direct me in the plugins folder on which files to change the below ?

Sumate
Sumate Jan 4 '19

Quote from Webster Molaudi Hi Sumate,

The status Update worked but as per above i waiting for Jake's answer on where i can make those changes....or have any ideas or rather direct me in the plugins folder on which files to change the below ?

Hello Webster Molaudi, I made some updates that you may like. Happy 2019

Virtual Alfred Changelog

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jan 6 '19
Thanks sumate
You do not have permission to reply this topic