We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

FULL with outgoing URL:s Links in plugin settings - Console Avatar Dropdown | Forum

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 11 '18
Hello

I notice there was full of outgoing links to your fanpages and websites.

I think google not read admin pages because the robot txt block it but i not sure how much in this code that include this urls for google to index

99,9% sure it is no problem but i need bring this up because there is alot of advertisign in the plugin settings and outgoing links

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 11 '18
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Jan 12 '18
It's not filled with advertisement as you so pointed out. There is a box called spotlight, very separate from the settings box where information about me or our services [ewtnet.us] are included. There is zero advert.

I'm sure this is not the first plugin you have seen with external links in the admin setting page.

The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Jan 16 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 13 '18
If the many outhoing links not will bee index and followed then you can put 1000 outgoing links i not care but again if google will index this admin setting page and follow all links then you will have a SUPER power boost in your SEO my friend and we customers not good SEO as we loosing SEO juice to your sites.

BUT again i 99,99% sure the robot txt file not allow index admin pages and let google follow links on this pages? But can someone confirm this

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 13 '18
Ebenezer Obasi
Ebenezer Obasi Jan 13 '18
Google will not be able to access your admin page. Even if there are no robot text, the page requires authentication.
The Forum post is edited by Ebenezer Obasi Jan 16 '18
David
David Jan 15 '18
OW Ghost... Google doesn't access or catalogue your admin page.... you are mistaken. You can track it yourself via mapsite or Ariana.  There are some Open Source programs that will do the same thing... and you'll see for yourself it's not cataloging the links from Admin.
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Jan 15 '18
okey just what i was thinking to !....thanks for confirming the same i was thinking to guys !

have a nice oxwall day :))

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Jan 15 '18
You do not have permission to reply this topic