We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Contact Importer | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Chris_W
Chris_W Mar 13

Contact Importer Plugin

In the facebook setup instruction at item 4 it states:-

4.Select “Communication” App Categpory from next pop up:

There is no Communication App Category, the facebook app creation process must have been changed/updated by facebook.  There are several categories to choose from, but not the one referred to.

Does anyone know which category to choose for that plugin? I would ask the developer, but I don't think there is any chance of an answer as it is an Oxwall plugin.

The Google+ half of the plugin works just fine.

Steve
Steve Mar 13
@Chris_w

Curious do you have the login with Facebook plugin if so just use the same ID and  App secret code.

Works great for me.

Oxwall Türkiye

Please forward your FTP information. I can take a look.

The problem is most likely from these:

Code overlap.

Stop PHP feature.

Folder permissions

Plugin problem.

In order to make a comment on this issue, please send us your site address and login information.

Chris_W
Chris_W Mar 14
Thanks for the assistance, details sent.I'm assuming the folder permissions are OK as the Google half works .
Quote from Oxwall Türkiye

Please forward your FTP information. I can take a look.

The problem is most likely from these:

Code overlap.

Stop PHP feature.

Folder permissions

Plugin problem.

In order to make a comment on this issue, please send us your site address and login information.

Chris_W
Chris_W Mar 14
I tried the facebook login ID and secret, same result, clicking the icon does nothing.
Quote from Steve @Chris_w

Curious do you have the login with Facebook plugin if so just use the same ID and  App secret code.

Works great for me.

Chris_W
Chris_W Mar 17

Apparently Facebook changed things which screwed up the plugin, and it was seemingly never fixed. There are a lot of complaints if you follow the link below.

Quote from TaissaTammy, there is an issue with new Facebook App. It is related to recent changes implemented by Facebook: https://developers.facebook.com/bugs/895531977178531 .
Facebook now allows only those Apps that are in "Games" category to use Invitable Friends API. We have already reported to our developers about this issue, it will be fixed asap in the nearest future. 

The Forum post is edited by Chris_W Mar 17
Morena Milani
Morena Milani May 16
I entered the Social Networks & Dating category is the most suitable. Now it has arrived the notice to update the mobile site URL for devices that has been in force since July 2017. In fact, the option invites friends from the devices does not work because it is no longer supported to make a rendirect dell'iframe neo mobile brosware, but I have not figured out how to do it yet. If someone already did explain it to us too. 
Quote from Chris_W

Contact Importer Plugin

In the facebook setup instruction at item 4 it states:-

4.Select “Communication” App Categpory from next pop up:

There is no Communication App Category, the facebook app creation process must have been changed/updated by facebook.  There are several categories to choose from, but not the one referred to.

Does anyone know which category to choose for that plugin? I would ask the developer, but I don't think there is any chance of an answer as it is an Oxwall plugin.

The Google+ half of the plugin works just fine

The Forum post is edited by Morena Milani May 16
Steve
Steve May 16
Just to let you know the app and secret code is the same as the one you use for facebook connect.

It has worked great for me

Morena Milani
Morena Milani May 17
Quote from Steve Just to let you know the app and secret code is the same as the one you use for facebook connect.

It has worked great for me

Also to me it works the login is the function, invites friends that is no longer supported for mobile devices. And Facebook asks to update the app to redirect the iframe in mobile browsers. We must understand how to proceed.