We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Trouble assigning user roles - SimplyResponsive - SB | Forum

ricardo scipio
ricardo scipio Mar 17 '18
Thank you for the great theme. I'm sorry to admit that I'm a newbie. My issue is that All my users including the admin are classified as free users and when I try to designate anyone as a moderator or other role I cannot. And when I create new roles it won't allow me to designate anyone in the new roles either.

In other words, I cannot assign any other role except free accounts, and the moderator tools page shows up as blank.

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 18 '18
The theme is only a visual representation. All of the functionality is provided by the core, or plugins.
To add new user roles you need to go to admin / users / user roles.  Once you create the additional user roles you can then assign them to users.
To add moderators you go to admin / users / moderators.
The moderation tools requires this plugin.
https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1012
ricardo scipio
ricardo scipio Mar 18 '18
both of those functions are not working on my site. It only allows one category of membership which is free members, I can create additional user roles which I have, but it doesn't allow me to assign anyone to those new user roles, I've added moderators and it does allow me to do that but when you go back to user roles, it shows all users as free users and zero moderators.

Is there anyone you could recommend that I could hire to help me fix the core coding?

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 18 '18
You are able to create roles in the admin, and assign moderators in the admin. When you go to the users profile, and open the moderation drop down, and choose user roles, the new roles aren't showing up?
This could be that the cron isn't working, but that's just a guess. There is a plugin in the store that still works well to test the cron.
https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1060
ricardo scipio
When I go to any user's page, IT says I cannot view the page because of limited permissions. I had set up the permissions so that free users cannot view other's pages, and of course, it has everyone classified as a free user even the admin and moderators

I'll try the plug in and see what it says about the cron

I had read on the oxwall forumn that oxwall has had issues with the permissions not working properly

I had also purchased a plug in called admin plus in hopes it would help but it hasn't

ricardo scipio
i installed cron test but it isnt working
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 18 '18
One thing you can try, that I have on my test site, is to create an admin user role with all of the access, and assign yourself to that role.
The way user roles work on Oxwall is that all registered members have the free level access, and other roles build on the Free giving the higher level roles additional access.
ricardo scipio
ive tried that several times, and it allows me to create new user roles but does not give me the option to assign anyone to the new user roles
ricardo scipio
is there anyone you'd recommend i hire to help me debug my site?
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Mar 19 '18
I haven't used anyone myself,  but check the guy on this forum post.

https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60288

ricardo scipio
ricardo scipio Mar 19 '18
Thank you
You do not have permission to reply this topic