We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook HIT back on Dating sites ! | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 3 '18
Hello

Today look in news and was chocked Facebook going to open a dating app 

This was very bad news for skadate and me that use the software and try success with very little budget and money

Now this HUGE company want to eating all dating sites to dinner with they new dating feature and i think they will success because they have millions of singles already in they database and photos

I very sad and i will spend some days thinking if i should go on try make money on dating sites. This giants will eat you up with they HUGE money to investing in software

Please let me know what opinion you have about this ?

Ow-Ghost

Senior Developer Leader
Senior Developer May 3 '18
Hi OW-Ghost!

There is something that facebook's dating app will never beat their competitors: Anonymity.

So as long as you can provide that for your users, you can keep as a strong competitor, usually people that wants full anonymity are the ones who would pay, no matter the cost, because they have enough money for it.

Another fact is: facebook already is being used as dating website 24/7. People send nudes in chat and add stranger people as friends just to find a date. With this new app or feature or whatever, they just want to make easy for mods removing content from their main accounts and give a proper them a place to do it. So don't you worry, it is not like suddenly all our customers will run into that app and leave us.

People with money are smart enough to not use facebook dating app for their privacy issues over time.

Or at least that are my thoughts.

Senior Developer.

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost May 4 '18
Hi Senior Developer!

Nice to see it from another point of view and it make me more relaxed a little bit.....

Thanks

Ow-Ghost.

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost May 4 '18
Matthias
Matthias May 4 '18
I am still collecting my thoughts on this too! I tend to agree with Senior Developer for now. The Dating-market will definitly change, but it has done so and will do so in all the years to come. 

Just imagine how big match.com once was, and how big tinder now is. We all don´t know who will still be around in a couple of years. 

However, offering a great service should always help making your business worthwile. I love the idea of anonymity and will make sure to promote this fact to my business :) 

Leo Rogers
Leo Rogers May 27 '22
If you are a man looking to marry a foreign woman, you may wonder how you can buy a wife. This process is called mail order bride and involves connecting two people from different parts of the world. Mail order brides are an ideal solution for men who are interested in finding a wife. This process essentially involves the man paying a certain amount of money to find a woman of his choice and arranging all of the logistics.
Vladko Devich
Vladko Devich Oct 15 '22
Hello everyone. Who has heard and knows about dating Ukrainian girls? For example, I heard that Slavic beauties are ideal for starting a family, and in general if I marry a Ukrainian woman, then everyone will envy me because Ukrainian women are supposedly very beautiful. Does anyone have a real experience that confirms these words?

DanBrown
DanBrown Oct 15 '22
Hi. I have something to tell you on this topic. Yes, indeed Ukrainian women are very beautiful, sensitive and family and also very passionate and intelligent women. This is a real treasure in your home, so if you have the opportunity to date and marry a woman from Ukraine, you are a real lucky man. For a more real understanding of the reasons to choose Slavic beauties, I advise you to read the article on dating ukrainian women and you will want to get to know these incredible women even more.
seatech
seatech Oct 22 '22
You can find a friend on speed dating eventsDepending on the event, you may not get to meet everyone. It is a good idea to get started ahead of time and begin introducing yourself so that you meet as many potential matches in speed dating toronto. Make use of all available time because speed dating will go very quickly.
The Forum post is edited by seatech Oct 22 '22