We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Flag not working for newsfeed status posts | Forum

Merlyn Hern
Merlyn Hern May 13 '18

Running 1.8.4

The Flag feature works for flagging a photo, group, event, comments

But is does not work for posts on the newsfeed, I checked and the record is written into the database ow_base_flag table as a user-status entity with reason spam, but the moderation tools do not pick it up.

No error is appearing in the error_log so it is a mystery

Any ideas of what to check much appreciated, could it be a corrupt table, or a setting, or a base plugin not working/corrupt?

The Forum post is edited by Merlyn Hern May 13 '18
Merlyn Hern
Merlyn Hern May 20 '18
bump, 

Has anyone ever had anything similar happen to their site, and even better have any idea how to fix it?

Merlyn Hern
Merlyn Hern May 21 '18
I have found the code that seems to ignore the user-status entityType for flags, but haven;t found why it is not working, are there any configs for flagging I should look at ?
Merlyn Hern
Merlyn Hern Jun 2 '18
bumping due to spammer
Blaire
Blaire Jun 4 '18
I have this same issue. When I go to the moderation panel and click to review flagged newsfeed items the page is just blank. Just a white page and nothing more.

I don't remember it always being this way. I run quite a few plugins at this moment though and I've made the assumption that one of them has caused the issue (I have a couple that do things with the newfeed so it's possible). I'm too nervous to go through and deactivate and/or uninstall plugins to try to figure out which one might be the culprit though because I have a hard time resolving 500 errors that randomly have occurred when I've done that in the past.
Merlyn Hern
Merlyn Hern Jun 12 '18
Hi Blaire,

The problem started around the time I added the anti-spam plugin, so I did deactivate it to check if that changed anything and it didn't, so could have been a coincidence.

I checked the database and the flag records are being written into the correct table, but the frontend never shows them. 

I have cut back my plugins, and have run out of ideas on how to solve it. When I get a clear weekend I will try to find the cause, but not enough time at the moment.

Blaire: Have you had any luck identifying the offending plugin?

Oxwall Türkiye
Oxwall Türkiye Jun 14 '18

Please show all error sources for further assistance in this regard.

cpanel-whm-vps panelden / ow_incudle / config.php

The error mode found below is true.

Provide the error source provided.

Contact PM for more.

Merlyn Hern
Merlyn Hern Jun 27 '18
I have found more info on this problem and a reason I cannot see this issue on the demo. Flagging newsfeed items does kind of work. But only the admin can see the flagged items, moderators can see other flagged items but NOT newsletter ones. Anyone found a way around this?