We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Support Center project back | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
JB TECH
JB TECH May 13 '18

Hi everyone! 

I'm reporting in to make the announcement that my old FoxTech's plugin, "Support Center," is now republished and on the Store again. I'm using this thread as a sort of update post and to let those who're looking to the old plugin page know what has changed.

The most major change to it, is that it is once again a premium (paid) plugin. Due to the time it takes to make updates, and because the roadmap is extensive and I will be providing support, I needed to revamp this old plugin as a paid for one, to support my work and continued support/development. If you still have the old "free" version, you are free to continue to use that, no questions asked. It is now technically a different plugin of its own, since Support Center+ has some few major changes in it.

Besides the changes made when I submitted it, I have made two more updates. So, as it currently stands, the following is what is different with the plugin:

-Full mobile support (on the user end):

-Search, read, and rate Articles

-View top articles (sorted by the amount of rates and how high they are)

-View your submitted tickets

-View full ticket threads with a reply box and "request deletion" option

-Submit new tickets

-Receive Activity Notification when ticket is updated (latest update fixes a bug with the link not working)

Mobile was something requested for a long time, and something I personally wanted. I was finally able to get around to doing it, and I'm personally pleased with it and hope all customers will be as well.

The thing that is changing the direction of this plugin is the next feature I implemented in the second update: "Support Manager."

Using Oxwall's "User Roles," you can assign which role can "Manage Tickets." Users with that role can go to yoursite.com/support/manage and from there, they can:

-View, Delete, and Answer Tickets

-See all the Knowledgebase Articles, Delete them, Add new ones, and Edit them (added in the most recent update)

The most requested feature of the old plugin was to let users operate the support staff end without using the Admin backend. That is now possible.

Currently, my plans for the next update are to relayout the way the desktop pages look, add more user role permissions, and some more notification options.

You can view Support Center+ here. I hope you all enjoy it.

There is a demo available as well, with the most recent version active.

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi May 25 '18
Nice :)
JB TECH
JB TECH May 30 '18

I went to make a simple quick fix today, but decided to make some major changes in Support Center+ as well. You can view the new 2.0 build 13 update here: https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/60783?page=1#post-225501

It's been a hot summer!

I will be creating a STICKY forum post on the Support Center+ plugin page with the old free version download if you still wish to simply use the outdated one for free.

Onur
Onur May 31 '18
is it support multi-languages?
JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 1 '18

Quote from Onur is it support multi-languages?

You will need to get translations applied specifically for the plugin, but yes most of the plugin administration side and user side is text string based so it can be effortlessly translated. I will be updating it in the future to be at least 99% string based text, so that the entirety of the plugin can be ported into whichever language has translations for it.
JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 1 '18

The download for the old Support Center (Free Ver) is live on the plugin's forum topics now.

Get it here: https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1518

JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 5 '18

Update 3.0 (build 20) is here. This was another major one, and will be the last major update until the plugin has performed to a satisfactory level on the store.

Check out the update here https://developers.oxwall.com/...m/topic/60783?page=1

JB TECH
JB TECH Jun 9 '18
I wrote up a good article detailing the plugin in-depth: https://jake-brunton.tumblr.com/...r-going-ever-forward
JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 19 '18

To keep it going, the most recent update allows people to order the Knowledgebase in the following ways: Alphabetical, Most Recent, and Top Rated. Admin can set the automatic default settings from the backend.

I'm always poking new ideas around with this projects, and current am considering expanding the features of it, such as things like a chat system or site notice. Right now, however, I'd like to eventually (soon) begin adding in the notification systems for users in the approved Support staff group(s) as well.

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jul 19 '18
I'm excited about the development
The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Jul 19 '18
JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 31 '18

Update 3.5 is out. You can add users to specific departments so they will receive a notification everytime that department receives a ticket.

View the full changelog @ https://developers.oxwall.com/store/item/1518

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Aug 1 '18
Thanks Jake, very nice work