We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Html code on custom pages no appearing correctly - Revolution - Responsive theme | Forum

Janis Frank
Janis Frank May 17 '18
Recently purchased and installed your theme. Love it! Except for one thing... The html code (links specifically) is being taken out of the place where it is written and forced to the bottom of the page.

I've tried rewriting it. No luck. Creating a new page since changing to your theme and writing fresh code doesn't work either.

Any suggestions? I really need these pages and the links to work.

For example http://thehappycabbage.com/share-my-work

Janis Frank
Janis Frank May 17 '18
Even more strange, the code appears correctly on mobile devices but not on computer???
Janis Frank
Janis Frank May 18 '18
All of the words in blue at the bottom of the paragraph are the links. they're being taken out of their place at the start of the paragraph and forced to the bottom and all jammed together.
Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.29.26 PM.png (1080Kb)
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 18 '18
Looks like a problem with the html. Try the attached.
The Forum post is edited by Darryl B May 18 '18
Attachments:
  try this.txt (1Kb)
  new html and css.png (27Kb)
Janis Frank
Janis Frank May 21 '18
It's better than it was but it's not reading the spaces between the links and I can see the code at the top of the page. I've tried to create the space using   and it didn't work. 
Attachments:
  screenshot.png (452Kb)
Janis Frank
Janis Frank May 21 '18
Quote from Darryl B Looks like a problem with the html. Try the attached.

I got it to work with a simple fix. Deleted the code that was displaying. It didn't seem to affect it in any way. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt me...

Also for the spacing between the links, simply added a space within the <ahref=...>link that suppose to show (added space here)</a>  :-/

Thanks so much for the code Darryl B!! I couldn't have fixed it at all without you. :-)

Darryl B Leader
Darryl B May 21 '18

Glad it worked.  For future reference keep this in mind. Place your css between head tags in the custom page; then place your html below the closing head tag. The css was being displayed because it wasn't between the head tags. It was just being treated as more text.

<head>

your css here

</head>

your html here

The Forum post is edited by Darryl B May 21 '18
You do not have permission to reply this topic