We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Aron developer | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Morena Milani
Morena Milani Jun 2 '18
Does anyone know if Aron developer is still in business here on Oxwall? because it is from August 2017 that does not enter here and no longer gives support for its plugins 
wittich
wittich Jun 2 '18
there is nothing to expect, everything is dead
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 2 '18
Dont pay for more plugin and themes, Oxwall iis a dead prodjekt.
Alex
Alex Jun 2 '18

Developers are running away from the project https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/61253

and at the end of the money decided to earn selling profile

The Forum post is edited by Alex Jun 2 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 3 '18
Its true alex. game its over.
Steve
Steve Jun 3 '18
oxwall might be but not the project itself some people took it even further than oxwall and continue to work on it it is now compatible with php 7 in fact I am running a site with php 7.2 and their version of oxwall and all of my oxwall plugins and theme works great. The is the website so go check it out.

https://www.owengine.com/

Blaire
Blaire Jun 7 '18
Comments On This Post That Completely Ignore Your Question:
So, I feel like it's rude to just flat out say something like the software is dead and not going to be revived and redirect you to a potentially sketchy software version of the same code with core modifications. I'm not dissatisfied with the Oxwall software, but there is definitely a lot of growth potential and improvement need. Blah, blah, blah, I'm not jumping ship yet either and perhaps you shouldn't either but that's really a personal choice to make. Everyone else is just stating their opinions and speculation with no solid evidence that there is no intention to further the code.

Everything is not dead just yet. That's ignorant to suggest.

Blah, blah, blah. People just like to complain and have drama.

Developer Aron:

He was very unresponsive through the Oxwall site here when I bought one of his dud of a plugin codes. Though, once I filed a request for a refund through PayPal he promptly began fighting it and complaining loudly through the PayPal system. He has still never responded publicly nor privately here to me about that issue even though I advised him exactly what was wrong and what should probably happen to correct the major flaw in his coding. So, I wouldn't count on him fixing his mistakes.

I avoid his plugins now and would recommend you also avoid those codes.

Active Developers / Developers I Generally Trust:

Right now, I've had very good luck with getting responses from a few developers such as ArtMedia, Senior Developer, Sprintally Solutions, Sean, Ebenezer Obasi, and maybe another one or two I'm forgetting. (Yeah, I buy a lot of plugins and have a couple of theme purchases.) I absolutely recommend their codes, and they have been lovely to connect with when needed.

I believe iDragon Solution Co., Ltd may likely be responsive but have not personally interacted with them recently to know that for certainty.

Jake - JB TECH Oxwall Support has popped out some really, really good work recently with his Support Center version and has appeared to be extremely active on the forums, at the least. I feel like he's probably up to working on his plugins when they have issues. Again though, I have not personally worked with him aside from purchasing his latest plugin.

Purusothaman Ramanujam (iYaffle) is currently non-responsive too but did previously work with me, I believe, to find resolution for one of his codes. That was awhile back though and he's since gone quiet for now. So, I sort of half-and-half recommend and don't recommend him.
(His codes are usually good but, again, no support right now. He mentioned after another previous absence of his that he will not fight a PayPal claim if he hasn't been supporting his code issues and the purchaser has found error with it so that makes me feel a little bit more comfortable investing with him. I have that reassurance that if the code is too messed up for me to fix then there is a refund option I can pursue and he is okay with that.)
The Forum post is edited by Blaire Jun 8 '18
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 8 '18
This link go to emti page! www.owengine.com/

Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable

My nettwork Ketils nettverk its ok.

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Jun 8 '18
Lee
Lee Jun 8 '18
Change your DNS to google 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 and like magic, the site appears.

Quote from Ketil Ervik This link go to emti page! www.owengine.com/

Error 503 : Service Temporarily Unavailable

My nettwork Ketils nettverk its ok.

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Jun 19 '18

I urge Oxwall users to emigrate to Owengine

I have upgraded both my networks to this new Oxwall fork platform.

https://www.ketilsnettverk.org/index     https://ketilsnettverk.org/groups/index

It works excellent and all plugins are all right. This is where new things will happen to this platform in the future. Owengine is the future where Oxwall is the past.

I was greatly surprised at how fast my network was after this upgrade to owengine

https://www.owengine.com

dave Leader
dave Jun 28 '18
:( Lee they forgot about me - oh wait im retired so i dont matter anymore lol...  But yes i agree stay away from aron's plugins, he is a hack at best and support is zero.  Puru wont be back most likey, from the looks of things and what we have discovered he has other ventures so dont plan on any support from him also - i hate to say that because at one time Puru was the king of support.  But i guess he got pissed off at oxwall and just left. 

Its all buyer beware, thats the best you can do to be safe.  
Quote from Blaire Comments On This Post That Completely Ignore Your Question:
So, I feel like it's rude to just flat out say something like the software is dead and not going to be revived and redirect you to a potentially sketchy software version of the same code with core modifications. I'm not dissatisfied with the Oxwall software, but there is definitely a lot of growth potential and improvement need. Blah, blah, blah, I'm not jumping ship yet either and perhaps you shouldn't either but that's really a personal choice to make. Everyone else is just stating their opinions and speculation with no solid evidence that there is no intention to further the code.

Everything is not dead just yet. That's ignorant to suggest.

Blah, blah, blah. People just like to complain and have drama.

Developer Aron:

He was very unresponsive through the Oxwall site here when I bought one of his dud of a plugin codes. Though, once I filed a request for a refund through PayPal he promptly began fighting it and complaining loudly through the PayPal system. He has still never responded publicly nor privately here to me about that issue even though I advised him exactly what was wrong and what should probably happen to correct the major flaw in his coding. So, I wouldn't count on him fixing his mistakes.

I avoid his plugins now and would recommend you also avoid those codes.

Active Developers / Developers I Generally Trust:

Right now, I've had very good luck with getting responses from a few developers such as ArtMedia, Senior Developer, Sprintally Solutions, Sean, Ebenezer Obasi, and maybe another one or two I'm forgetting. (Yeah, I buy a lot of plugins and have a couple of theme purchases.) I absolutely recommend their codes, and they have been lovely to connect with when needed.

I believe iDragon Solution Co., Ltd may likely be responsive but have not personally interacted with them recently to know that for certainty.

Jake - JB TECH Oxwall Support has popped out some really, really good work recently with his Support Center version and has appeared to be extremely active on the forums, at the least. I feel like he's probably up to working on his plugins when they have issues. Again though, I have not personally worked with him aside from purchasing his latest plugin.

Purusothaman Ramanujam (iYaffle) is currently non-responsive too but did previously work with me, I believe, to find resolution for one of his codes. That was awhile back though and he's since gone quiet for now. So, I sort of half-and-half recommend and don't recommend him.
(His codes are usually good but, again, no support right now. He mentioned after another previous absence of his that he will not fight a PayPal claim if he hasn't been supporting his code issues and the purchaser has found error with it so that makes me feel a little bit more comfortable investing with him. I have that reassurance that if the code is too messed up for me to fix then there is a refund option I can pursue and he is okay with that.)