We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Roadmap - Support Center | Forum

JB TECH
JB TECH Jul 31 '18

This roadmap lists out both Achievable and Challenging additions and implementations I aim to add to future builds of Support Center+. This list does not guarantee a feature's addition, and may include suggestions from users.

Current Roadmap:

-Limit Support Staff's ticket access to their Departments only (Achievable)

-Live-support chat with queue and Support Staff (Challenging)

-Add Support Manager support to Oxwall Mobile (Achievable)

-Add Support Staff Widget to user dashboards (Achievable :SOON:)

-Add role actions to monetize Support Center+ ticket's (Achievable :SOON:)

As always, the more support I receive the quicker and more prominent I can push out updates! Thanks!

JB TECH
JB TECH May 4 '19

The following are being added to the roadmap:

-FAQ function;

-Admin can setup a F.A.Q in the backend, will display on a /support/faq page if on

-Department separation;

-Fine-tuning the departments, and displaying tickets only be the viewing user's assigned department id. This will keep things more organized

-Notification bugs;

-Fix the missing icon bug for the ticket notification, and fix the broken link for mobile notifications.

-User widgets;

-A user widget showing their last 3 tickets and their status (read, answered)

-Mod widget;

-A widget for assigned Support Staff mods (role-based) that show their assigned departments latest tickets (default 3), plus custom Admin written announcements.

And of course, any bugs found to be squashed.

Support Chat is an extension I'm working on that I aim to make the first functionality update for this plugin. More info will be announced as it goes along.

The following features are experimental. These mean they may or may not be put in a final build, but are being developed:

-Custom ticket form;

-Will allow the admin to add a couple custom fields to their form, such as a text box and a drop down. Will probably display in ticket info as "More information"

-Site announcements;

-Admin can write an announcement and publish it, and it will display across the entire site for users (until they close it out)

Patricia Zorrilla Leader
Patricia Zorrilla May 4 '19

Please add these things that are most important to your list of tasks:

Mistakes:

* Notifications to the administrator do not work well: if a member creates a new ticket if it notifies the administrator, when the administrator responds to the user, the user is also notified, but if the user continues the conversation, nothing is notified to anyone else. That forces to enter the plugin continuously if there are tickets.

* The administrator can only see the tickets of the members from plugin settings, from the menu only access to "my tickets" as a user. This is very inconvenient, please add a tab plus "my ticktes received" only visible to administrators.

Improvements:

* In the list of tickets, add the date of the last message of the conversation and the nickname of the member.

* Sort the list by the date of the last activity

* Add some system to delete tickets that have not had activity in 3 months. Thousands have accumulated on my website and it is hard to erase them.

* Add some system to notify the admin if they spend several days without the head of a department attending a ticket and some way to respond that is not as rough as entering with your nick.

JB TECH
JB TECH May 5 '19

Hey there Patricia;

"* Notifications to the administrator do not work well: if a member creates a new ticket if it notifies the administrator, when the administrator responds to the user, the user is also notified, but if the user continues the conversation, nothing is notified to anyone else. That forces to enter the plugin continuously if there are tickets."

- Will add that to the to-do for the next upcoming build.

"The administrator can only see the tickets of the members from plugin settings, from the menu only access to "my tickets" as a user. This is very inconvenient, please add a tab plus "my ticktes received" only visible to administrators.

Improvements:"

- Please note there is an entire feature called 'Support Manager,' where the website Admin and users with the assigned role (e.g a role that has access to use support manager) can write articles and answer tickets. This can be found in your console drop down (with the My Profile, Privacy, etc. links) or at yoursite.com/support/manage.

"

* In the list of tickets, add the date of the last message of the conversation and the nickname of the member.

* Sort the list by the date of the last activity"

- Will add to the to-do list

As for the clutter; I will consider that idea, but am looking to use bulk action rather than just an automated system.

A Support Center should be operated by support staff. While the current goal is to fix bugs and extend some functionality, of course automation for such a staff is important. This includes things such as better notifications, both on site and email. While these will be worked on, I'm adding more navigation and tools for support managers, as if they are brought on to be your website's support staff, it will be their job to manage it.

If you check out the [README] thread, or go to Support Center+ Settings > JB TECH/HELP you can learn more about how to use this plugin to it's full potential.

P.S, kindly start a new thread in the future with your bug reports and/or feature requests.

This topic is sticky
You do not have permission to reply this topic