We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

I have left Oxwall, who wants my plugins ? | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 18 '18
Hey Oxwallers,

It is with great sadness to let you know that i have left Oxwall for Social Engine. After 6 years of being with the platform running https://www.myvirgo.info i have decided to go to greener pastures. Oxwall was not a mistake, moved from Ning and i found a home here. Great developers, great plugins and great experiences but all comes to an end.

So if anyone is planning to stay i just want you to know that im selling my Oxwall account with 100 plugins and 1 theme that i have bought and hope someone will have good use for them.

Here are some of the plugins that i have on my account that i bought and all im selling for $1,000 (1 theme and 100 plugins for $1,000)

PLUGINS:

1. Push Notifications 

2. Support Center+

3. User Credits

4. Anti Spam, Anti Bots Killer

5. Email Verify Top Bar

6. PayPal Billing

7. Promo Box

8. Button Upload on Console

9. Site Search

10. CKEditor

11. PhotoEvent Plugin

12. Automatic Photo Analysis

13. TV Shows

14. Photo Tags

15. Fanpage Widget

16. Trial for new users

17. Meet Users Tinder Style

18. Advanced Blogs Plugin

19. Catalog

20. Paid Membership + 80 Other plugins

THEMES :

1. GRAV City Lights - responsive theme

Anyone who is interested please inbox me :) 

The Forum post is edited by Webster Molaudi Aug 18 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 18 '18
Oh my god...i was thinking you would never leave us?

Very sad to see you leave oxwall.

Have you find a better software then oxwall?

Or will you do something else then bee a webmaster?

Will you put down your website totally?

you not need answer all questions....

i think you did the right thing to leave...very soon there is only developers left in this forum if the boss not doing something dramaticly with the software

good luck in future

Ow-ghost

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 18 '18
dave Leader
dave Aug 18 '18
Webster sorry to see you go.  Please do not include any of my plugins in your list. Your key belongs to you and noone else so i would ask you not to sell my plugins in this way. 

Also you might want to hang on to stuff for a while.  I have known several that have gone to social engine and have come back to Oxwall.  Just dont pounce so fast IMO. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 18 '18
oh so your new software is social engine...cool....i will check that out...

hmm...looks like there is no mobile apps solution for that platform? but maybe you not care about that? or did i miss it?

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 18 '18
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 19 '18
Okay Dave,

I reconsidering then, but i having a hard time re-installing Oxwall on my Plesk server, care to help maybe ?

I had so many issues with it hence i gave up....maybe if i install from scratch i might have a better luck of making sure my things run smoothly......Please inbox me if you can assist.

Thanks a lot mate.
Quote from dave Webster sorry to see you go.  Please do not include any of my plugins in your list. Your key belongs to you and noone else so i would ask you not to sell my plugins in this way. 

Also you might want to hang on to stuff for a while.  I have known several that have gone to social engine and have come back to Oxwall.  Just dont pounce so fast IMO. 

dave Leader
dave Aug 19 '18
I pm'd you.
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '18
This is a good time to remind everyone that has plugins - you dont own them - you are allowed to use them when you pay for them. That does not mean you own them.  The plugin code belongs to the developer and always will.  You do not have the right to sell a plugin to someone else unless you have verifiable permission from the developer. 

It would be the same as if you leased a plot of land from someone.  Then sold it to someone else.  You dont own the land so you cant sell what is not yours to sell.    

Also there are no key transfers allowed.  Keys are assigned to the user and it cannot be transferred.  For my plugins if i find someone else using my plugins that is NOT the original user. I will delete the key. 

Just a friendly reminder to all.  :)

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 20 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 20 '18
I feel the developer should not have the access to delete a key...

Because some developers can use misuse this power!

Just a reminder folks!

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 20 '18
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '18
I understand but not all devs act that way.  Those that do are just hurting themselves. You always have the option to bypass the key issue and code your own plugin.   
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 20 '18
There should bee a "dispute system" to a third part like the oxwall team and they decide who is right or wrong in this dispute.
dave Leader
dave Aug 20 '18
I agree
Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Aug 20 '18
Forget everything i said, please read here - https://developers.oxwall.com/forum/topic/62252
Oxwall Germany Club
Oxwall Germany Aug 23 '18
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Aug 23 '18

Over 50% of the plugs are completely useless. Over 50% of plug-in developers are gone! and most developers do not bother responding to the issues that their customers have! And on this, the whole Oxwall project is still standing, and you're not sure if at all there's any Oxwall here in the near future!

Why am I not so surprised by Webster Molaudi's post!

The Forum post is edited by Ketil Ervik Aug 23 '18
dave Leader
dave Aug 23 '18

Quote from Ketil Ervik

Over 50% of the plugs are completely useless. Over 50% of plug-in developers are gone! and most developers do not bother responding to the issues that their customers have! And on this, the whole Oxwall project is still standing, and you're not sure if at all there's any Oxwall here in the near future!

Why am I not so surprised by Webster Molaudi's post!

Ketil - he is back and never left.  Oxwall is still alive.  

Ketil Ervik
Ketil Ervik Aug 23 '18
Yes, but!
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 23 '18
I ask my self ...what did happen with Senior developer ? He have always been active in this forum and last time he was talk here he promise make a plugin then i not see him for many months? have he joined the dead developers to ? sad if that happen because he was active alot in the past ?
dave Leader
dave Aug 23 '18
So Ketil if you test drive another car does that mean that you gave up on your old car, not really.   Sometimes people need reminders why they are here.  He thought the pasture was greener on the other side of the fence and it was not so he did the right thing and came back.  

Actually it would probably be a good idea if webster just deleted this post.   But that is up to him. 

I also dont know what happened to SD.  He has not replied to any of my messages for a long time.  I do wonder if he is the one working on OWEngine, but i dont have any data supporting that other than my own feeling. 

OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 23 '18
Strange that you think that dave...because SD was the one that thinking oxwall would never close down and would survive...and he told you that you should support oxwall and make them stay and not scare them away because you are a leader....he told he only create a fork if they close down oxwall....i not sure what feeling you base that on....hmmm....but you never know...you can bee right and me wrong

my feeling says old oxwall team members is working on owengine.....but i have no data that support that either

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 23 '18
dave Leader
dave Aug 23 '18
Here is why i feel that way and again im only basing on my gut feeling and logic, no factual data here yet. 

SD loved it here when he first got here and i am sure he still does.  But he is also a business man and he needs to go where the work and where the profit is.  Any good business person does the same thing.  They follow the money.  

This is why soon after he got here he began to work on SkaDate stuff, he even referred to them as "his SkaDate customers" at one time.   So i am sure that kept him busy.  

I also have heard that SkaDate may be using some of his work in their software. That could be a plugin or anything really.

I also know that he was on another big project outside of Oxwall for a while which kept him busy and away.  Again he is a good business man and he needs to make money which is great. 

So in that frame of mine i would not be surprised if he was able to make some contacts within Oxwall which led to the creation of OWEngine which he may or may not be a part of developing.  

This is just a guess by me, nothing more.  But it would make logical sense knowing what i know of him and his skills.  

Or he might just be busy with something else and waiting for another opportunity if it comes.

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 23 '18
Pages: 1 2 »