We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Page /membership/subscribe visible | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rob
Rob Aug 24 '18

Dear fellow Oxwall users and developers,

Is there a possibility to make the "/ membership / subscribe" page visible to visitors so that they have an idea what membership will cost before they start registering.

Openness in this is certainly appreciated in the Netherlands.

With regards,
Admiraliteit Imedia
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 24 '18
1. TAKE SCREENSHOT ON MEMESHIP PAGE

2. CREATE NEW PAGE WITH THE SCREEN SHOT ADDED

3. MAKE THE NEW PAGE VISIBLE FOR GUEST

4. LINK TO THAT NEW PAGE FOR GET INFO ABOUT THE PRICES

OR

1. ADD THE INFORMATION ON YOUR MAIN PAGE

TWO EASY WAY TO SOLVE THAT

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 24 '18
OW-Ghost
OW-Ghost Aug 25 '18
yes that is solutions that works fine ...

it is only 5% of developers that answer questions in the store...so i fully understand they did not respond to you 

The Forum post is edited by OW-Ghost Aug 25 '18
ArtMedia
ArtMedia Aug 25 '18

You can hire me, i take 20$ per hour, i can modify your plugin so guest can get access to subscription page, where they see allowed actions to default user account type.

If you interesed, please send me PM

dave Leader
dave Aug 27 '18
ArtMedia, remember this is another developers plugin. You need to first obtain permission from that developer to make any custom changes to their code depending on their TOS.  

You and your customer could find yourself in hot water by editing someone elses property without permission.  

Also

What happens when the developer issues a update, it will erase all your edits.  

Please be mindfull sir of stating such things before getting proper permission.   As a developer yourself you would not want a customer calling you up to help them with a problem that another developer did on your plugin.  

And then someone sees that cool feature and they expect it to come with the plugin purchase and then the original developer has to be the one to tell them the bad news. 

Respect deserves respect :)   Please respect other developers intellectual property. 

The professional alternative is to build a new plugin that will allow this action and have it work side by side with the other plugin instead of violating a developers terms. 

Then you can have the customer purchase your plugin.   

The Forum post is edited by dave Aug 27 '18